National Blue Beret 2013- ICS

Started by Rustydude, July 02, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Brad on July 14, 2013, 11:47:40 AM
Quote from: flyer333555 on July 14, 2013, 02:42:40 AM
I do not think that ORM shows on the 101. Did someone confuse ORM with MRO?  :-[

Flyer

Looks like it, all I know of "ORM" is in the context of ORMS, the system we use to track logistical assets.So yea, Rustydude....whachu talkin' bout Willis?

If you log onto the Safety Management System (SMS), you can find links to the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Risk Management courses which cover Operational Risk Management (the other ORM--the one that has nothing to do with accounting for widgets).

CAPR 62-1 gives details as to who is required to complete them and when.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Brad

D'oh! That's what I get for no coffee. I knew of ORM in the guise of Operational Risk Management, sure, but I was thinking of 101 cards, since BCUT and ACUT used to show on them before they were phased out.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

ol'fido

Quote from: Brad on July 14, 2013, 01:30:18 PM
D'oh! That's what I get for no coffee. I knew of ORM in the guise of Operational Risk Management, sure, but I was thinking of 101 cards, since BCUT and ACUT used to show on them before they were phased out.
I believe ACUT and BCUT still show if you haven't taken the ICUT yet. The only difference in them is that the ACUT now shows an expiration date. I believe it is Sep 2015 when the 3 year deadline for taking ICUT ends for those with an ACUT.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JeffDG

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on July 14, 2013, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: Brad on July 14, 2013, 11:47:40 AM
Quote from: flyer333555 on July 14, 2013, 02:42:40 AM
I do not think that ORM shows on the 101. Did someone confuse ORM with MRO?  :-[

Flyer

Looks like it, all I know of "ORM" is in the context of ORMS, the system we use to track logistical assets.So yea, Rustydude....whachu talkin' bout Willis?

If you log onto the Safety Management System (SMS), you can find links to the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Risk Management courses which cover Operational Risk Management (the other ORM--the one that has nothing to do with accounting for widgets).

CAPR 62-1 gives details as to who is required to complete them and when.
OK, I'm a DC and deal with ORMS a LOT...but Operational Risk Management has been around for a lot longer than ORMS...been out in the "real world" for a helluva long time.

ORMS is the "other" ORM.

ol'fido

I raised this question with my chain of command about ORMS vs ORM. I ignored I don't know how many e mails about ORMS because I thought it was another mindless safety thing. Why can we not come up with a better acronym for it. Apparently, it was too much effort to come up with one.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006