I know I'm old school, but...

Started by Stonewall, November 26, 2011, 04:03:05 PM

Stonewall

I still think this simple video is the best I've ever seen.

http://youtu.be/_38StQiO3GU
Serving since 1987.

PHall

For a longer version go to www.cawgcadets.org and select the activities tab then the encampment tab.

a2capt

Another - the whole thing, though someone told me it was DRM blocked,  it shows me that it's public.

California Wing - CAP - Encampment

exFlight Officer

This is one of the best Wing Encampment videos that I have seen. I stumbled upon it while searching for encampment videos in the Spring of this year.
My complements to the 2010 NYWG Encampment PA Crew!

Civil Air Patrol 2010 New York Wing Encampment

cap235629

where was the 2010 NY Encampment held?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

exFlight Officer

Salty

Man, those videos bring back some good memories of when I was a cadet.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

Extremepredjudice

Hmm, I keep seeing cadets saluting (while marching in formation), in encampment videos....

I always read the regs, no salutes while marching! and no salutes while in formation, unless present arms is called.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

HGjunkie

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on November 26, 2011, 11:07:48 PM
Hmm, I keep seeing cadets saluting (while marching in formation), in encampment videos....

I always read the regs, no salutes while marching! and no salutes while in formation, unless present arms is called.

If I'm not mistaken, Those clips are probably from Pass In Reviews. Saluting Required (for the most part).
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BillB

In a Pass-in-Review, the only person that salutes is the commander of the flight (plus guidon) does an eyes righyt 9or left). Cadets IN a flight do NOT salute
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Ned

While we are nitpicking, let me point out that "Pass in Review" is not a ceremony, but rather the command of execution given by the Commander of Troops to begin a review ceremony or parade.

Just as we don't refer to the squadron's Opening Ceremony as the "Fall In!", neither should we refer to the review at the end of encampment as a "Pass in Review."

It's all written down in a book somewhere, I think.

lordmonar

Now Ned!  No need to pulling the "there's a regulations for that" card.  :( :o
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DBlair

Quote from: Stonewall on November 26, 2011, 04:03:05 PM

Great video!

PS: I notice a change in your signature block-- does this reflect a change in status? If so, it seems a few of us did likewise. (I remember this being discussed a while back)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Stonewall

Quote from: DBlair on November 27, 2011, 09:47:19 PM
PS: I notice a change in your signature block-- does this reflect a change in status? If so, it seems a few of us did likewise. (I remember this being discussed a while back)

Two things have happened:

1.  I felt it was a nice gesture from NHQ to extend my membership due to my deployment to Afghanistan, which basically means I continued my membership for almost a year for free, plus 90 days upon my return.  When, in fact, I had made the conscious decision to NOT renew my membership last year.  I took this as a "sign" of sorts, but still did not renew.

2.  I happened to run into the new-ish squadron commander who I always liked.  I didn't not like the previous commander, but we were definitely not on the same page when he named me DCC almost 3 years ago and only lasted a few months before I stepped down.  The new CC took the opportunity during our run in, at a bar no less, to work his best used car salesmanship to entice me back.  At the time, I had only been back from A-stan for a week and wasn't in the mood.  But after a few months it kind of grew on me so I called him up for a run down on the situation at the squadron.  It sounded like it was right up my alley; re-building a cadet program from scratch (or so he says).

So, here I am, getting uniforms prepared for this Thursday's meeting.  My first meeting in over 2 years.  I explained to the CC that I am coming in on an as needed/available basis.  In my mind, that means maybe 1 or 2 meetings per month and I'll offer one weekend (1 or 2 days) every quarter.  I am looking at a position that will support the cadet program but won't require my full attention and energy.  I have a full-time job that keeps me fairly busy, a family with 2 small kids and then there's the Air Guard, which has yet to prove to be a "one weekend a month" gig since 9/11.

As for me switching the signature block image, I actually switch from my CAP to Military every so often just for fun...or no real reason at all.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Quote from: Stonewall on November 26, 2011, 04:03:05 PM

With appropriate apologies to Scott Matthews...

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150202431549409  (mind you: this video is over 20 years old..)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Okay, I have to give credit where credit is due.  VAWG's 2011 encampment looks pretty darn good. 

VA Civil Air Patrol Encampment 2011
Serving since 1987.

BTCS1*

C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

Flying Pig

Absolutely NOTHING beats the CAWG encampments when the CTG was at Vandenberg AFB!  A REAL parade deck, chow hall.  Each flight had their own barracks.  Good stuff.  I havnt been to one at Camp SLO but its sad to see parades being done in a dirt field. :'(

Hmmmm.....maybe someone can help me?  What CTG was I with?  Like the 47th?  51st?  Vandenberg 1989.  Anyone?

Flying Pig

Quote from: Stonewall on November 27, 2011, 10:55:36 PM
Quote from: DBlair on November 27, 2011, 09:47:19 PM

So, here I am, getting uniforms prepared for this Thursday's meeting.  My first meeting in over 2 years.  I explained to the CC that I am coming in on an as needed/available basis.  In my mind, that means maybe 1 or 2 meetings per month and I'll offer one weekend (1 or 2 days) every quarter.  I am looking at a position that will support the cadet program but won't require my full attention and energy.  I have a full-time job that keeps me fairly busy, a family with 2 small kids and then there's the Air Guard, which has yet to prove to be a "one weekend a month" gig since 9/11.

As needed???  In CAP as needed means every meeting!  You know better than that! >:D

ßτε

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 06, 2011, 07:14:28 PM
Absolutely NOTHING beats the CAWG encampments when the CTG was at Vandenberg AFB!  A REAL parade deck, chow hall.  Each flight had their own barracks.  Good stuff.  I havnt been to one at Camp SLO but its sad to see parades being done in a dirt field. :'(

Hmmmm.....maybe someone can help me?  What CTG was I with?  Like the 47th?  51st?  Vandenberg 1989.  Anyone?
It looks like

56th CTS (A & B flights)
57th CTS (C & D filghts)
58th CTS (E, F, & G flights)

see here.