Main Menu

NCSA apathy

Started by rjfoxx, December 26, 2010, 05:42:28 PM

Eclipse

Based on comments here and elsewhere, it sounds like NCSA participation is at or greater than year's past, just cadets and their
leaders waiting until the last minute to send in their apps.  I know that the flight academy that my wing runs which utilized the
NCSA app system (but is not yet an NCSA), was swamped with apps.

Anyone have any hard data to support or deny that conclusion?

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

I had 8 cadets in my unit alone that applied for NCSAs.  It takes some time for them to get through the initial application process, then through the bureaucracy of the in-between levels (boards, red light/green light, etc).  But, they're excited to do it.  A lot of cadets also wait for the dates, etc to get posted.  This year, a lot of that wasn't available on opening day.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on March 17, 2011, 02:46:08 PM
Based on comments here and elsewhere, it sounds like NCSA participation is at or greater than year's past, just cadets and their
leaders waiting until the last minute to send in their apps.  I know that the flight academy that my wing runs which utilized the
NCSA app system (but is not yet an NCSA), was swamped with apps.

Anyone have any hard data to support or deny that conclusion?

Well, i don't have exact numbers for you, but the NBB list of cadets alone that applied (not slotted just applied) far and away out did last year, and the years past. I don't know why but it seems kids want to get away and do things on their own.... >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC