Link for 2011 National Blue Beret

Started by Rogovin, November 22, 2010, 10:53:52 PM

Rogovin

Can anyone please give me the link to the NBB website for 2011? or the application?  Thank you!

NCRblues

application process isn't open yet, sometime in December is a normal open date, and its on e services.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

jeders

DEC 15th, I believe, is when they open. Until then, for information on all the NCSAs that have been posted, go to www.ncsas.com
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Rogovin

Thanks guys.  I might have a few more related questions later. As far as boards go, is there a date i need to know for that?

MICT1362

NCSA Review Boards are held at different times for each wing.  Check with your Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets.  They should know.

-Paramedic

Rogovin

I just had my boards this past Saturday... still no link or any offical site put up for NBB.  If anyone knows otherwise, i would greatly appreicate the link!

-C/Ssgt Rogovin

jeders

You mean this one that's been up for at least a week or two?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Rogovin

I've been looking, and since slotting is supposed to be started by the end of the month, i still haven't found a stand-alone site for NBB.  Does anyone else know something i dont in terms of slotting or a website? 

-Rogovin

CAPSGT

The slottings come out March 15th.  Members selected will receive an E-mail from the activity director.  It is not posted on a website.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Rogovin

Thank you very much, Major.  Its been a tough time getting the date of slotting, but i finally have it.  Thanks again sir.  Semper Vigilans.

-Rogovin

Rogovin

As it turns out, initial slotting was announced, and i was one of the people selected to go to NBB.  Now the trick would seem to be getting there.  Does anyone have advice on getting to NBB, or some useful information?  Thanks.

-Rogovin

NCRblues

Quote from: Rogovin on March 10, 2011, 10:23:14 PM
As it turns out, initial slotting was announced, and i was one of the people selected to go to NBB.  Now the trick would seem to be getting there.  Does anyone have advice on getting to NBB, or some useful information?  Thanks.

-Rogovin

How do you know you were slotted? Eservices is showing that no one is slotted yet....

Rogovin

My NCSA is showing me as slotted.  Ive confirmed that slotting did come out with several other people, and events.  PJOC and NBB initial slotting is out, according to eServices.

Rogovin

Well, it looks as if the activity status link is missing.  But for most of the day, i was slotted as a primary for NBB.  This might be a problem with eServices.  But i am quite sure it said primary.  i hadn't refreshed the page on my droid, and it still says that i am selected as a primary for NBB. 

-Rogovin

EDIT:  According to national, the link to activity status is offline, however, you can access the page by going to:
https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.Events.Web/activityStatus.aspx

Rogovin

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?qdwpc97xl9174ev

Thats a mediafire link to the screenshot of my NCSA activity status menu. 

Should clear up that issue.

-Rogovin

RickFranz

If you are flying in commercially plan to fly into Appleton WI, will most likely connect through Chicago.

I hope to see you there. 
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Rogovin

But how will i get to Oshkosh from appleton?

Anyway, according to National, its all a mix-up unless you receive the automated e-mail.  So it appears national has flubbed, for the moment.  Though "but we're making edits to the
slotting and you should disregard any other indicators until you receive the
automated message with your activity status. We will be announcing the slots on
or before the 15th as stated on ncsas.com."

Thats what the guy from National said.  Which kinda depresses me, cause i might not actually get to go...

but the PJOC guys who got that mistake are gonna be even more enraged...

-Rogovin

jeders

Quote from: Rogovin on March 11, 2011, 01:02:18 AM

By CAP Van. As a part of the final acceptance, you will inform them of, among other things, what your travel plans are. If you fly into Appleton they will have a van to pick you, and everyone else flying into Appleton, up and take you to the NBB Site.

NCRblues

Quote from: Rogovin on March 11, 2011, 01:02:18 AM

Anyway, according to National, its all a mix-up unless you receive the automated e-mail.  So it appears national has flubbed, for the moment.  Though "but we're making edits to the
slotting and you should disregard any other indicators until you receive the
automated message with your activity status. We will be announcing the slots on
or before the 15th as stated on ncsas.com."

Thats what the guy from National said.  Which kinda depresses me, cause i might not actually get to go...

but the PJOC guys who got that mistake are gonna be even more enraged...

-Rogovin

Senior members will pick cadets and other SM's up at the appleton airport. They will (normally) being using CAP vans.

They will drive you to the compound at Oshkosh...

Rogovin

Good to hear.  Thats some good options.  Now if national would just fix the slotting thing...

-Rogovin