CAP Officer Basic Course - Launching announced

Started by Chappie, December 08, 2009, 10:38:59 PM

Angus

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 05, 2010, 05:00:16 PM
Hmmmm, I still have not received my enrollment information yet.

When did you apply?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

flyguy06

My post doesnt have anything to do with this topic per se but I didnt neccessarily want to start a new one. But I wanted to talk about the CAP PD program in general. many of yall wonder why I argue for a tota revamp.

I know a guy that got promoted recently he has a Masters rating in FLight Ops. Now, this guy doesnt know anymore about CAP 60-1 thenhe did when he first joined CAP. but somene just marked him off as being a master rating.

I think that takes away from those of us that are trying to go through the system the right way.

Another member got promoted to MAJ and hadnt been to a meeting in over a year.

vento

e-Service just posted under training my OBC completion as ECI-13 online course. It sure beats the old post card system.  :)

Also, materials for all 40 modules are available to all members at http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/officer_basic_course.cfm

CadetProgramGuy

You'll be July or after for a start date.  Or at the rate of enrollment, 2011......

EMT-83

Quote from: vento on January 08, 2010, 01:41:37 AM
e-Service just posted under training my OBC completion as ECI-13 online course. It sure beats the old post card system.
Thanks for the heads-up; mine posted as well. Only took three days, not the two weeks promised.

davidsinn

My wife's is up too. I've been in the program a year longer and she get's it posted first.  :o Oh well since our F24's are going to ride in the same envelope we should have the same Lvl 2 date.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

Just got an email. Because the first group got through the course so quickly, the secoond group (which I'm in) will now start 1 Feb. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

High Speed Low Drag

I'm gald to see that someone is on the ball at NHQ and made a good decision.  Hopefully they will continue to do that since I have heard that there has been phenominal enrollment.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

EMT-83

Quote from: davidsinn on January 08, 2010, 05:18:32 AM
My wife's is up too. I've been in the program a year longer and she get's it posted first.  :o Oh well since our F24's are going to ride in the same envelope we should have the same Lvl 2 date.
CAPF 24 for Level II can now be submitted via email, no hard copy or signature required. As the unit commander is the approving authority, it goes directly to NHQ.

My Level II posted in 2 days; but now have to route Level III through Wing, so it's gonna take a little longer.

davidsinn

Quote from: EMT-83 on January 12, 2010, 03:31:20 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 08, 2010, 05:18:32 AM
CAPF 24 for Level II can now be submitted via email, no hard copy or signature required. As the unit commander is the approving authority, it goes directly to NHQ.

My Level II posted in 2 days; but now have to route Level III through Wing, so it's gonna take a little longer.

Still gotta have a signature on em. Our meeting was snowed out last week so I can't send them yet.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

Negative. Signature is not required for submission via email.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on January 12, 2010, 03:36:53 AM
Negative. Signature is not required for submission via email.

Cite please.

I wouldn't accept an email form without one, especially when its dirt-simple to make an electronic signature.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Reference CAP Index 0-9, Paragraph 1.  Some forms are not intended to be transmitted, but are for record-keeping purposes.  These forms, and copies of other forms, (or the data they contain) may now be stored on a computer, electronically, without the need for a paper copy.  If this method is chosen as an alternative to paper, units should perform frequent backups of the data.  The following describes forms that may be transmitted through multiple echelons, and to National Headquarters, via fax or e-mail:

a. Forms listed with an asterisk (*) may be transmitted without a person's actual signature via e-mail only.

F24 is included on that list. Further, read the instuctions on the form itself.

Eclipse

Fair enough - anything to keep things moving.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: EMT-83 on January 12, 2010, 03:50:56 AM
Reference CAP Index 0-9, Paragraph 1.  Some forms are not intended to be transmitted, but are for record-keeping purposes.  These forms, and copies of other forms, (or the data they contain) may now be stored on a computer, electronically, without the need for a paper copy.  If this method is chosen as an alternative to paper, units should perform frequent backups of the data.  The following describes forms that may be transmitted through multiple echelons, and to National Headquarters, via fax or e-mail:

a. Forms listed with an asterisk (*) may be transmitted without a person's actual signature via e-mail only.

F24 is included on that list. Further, read the instuctions on the form itself.

Huh. Learn something new everyday.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

An email sent from the commander's email address, as listed in eServices, constitutes a valid electronic signature.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

I am the PDO for the squadron.   I just finished a CAPF 24 for a member who completed AFIADL 13 and was ready to advance to Level II.  The AFIADL 13 completion had not showed up on the member's record.   I prepared the CAPF 24 and attached it to an email.  I also attached a pdf of the card showing completion of AFIADL 13.  I forwarded the email to the squadron commander on Sunday to be forwarded to lmmeforms@capnhq.gov.  The member's Level II and AFIADL 13 completion are posted on eServices today (Tuesday).

It is really hard to improve on this type of service.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

davidsinn

Quote from: Short Field on January 12, 2010, 08:07:51 PM
I am the PDO for the squadron.   I just finished a CAPF 24 for a member who completed AFIADL 13 and was ready to advance to Level II.  The AFIADL 13 completion had not showed up on the member's record.   I prepared the CAPF 24 and attached it to an email.  I also attached a pdf of the card showing completion of AFIADL 13.  I forwarded the email to the squadron commander on Sunday to be forwarded to lmmeforms@capnhq.gov.  The member's Level II and AFIADL 13 completion are posted on eServices today (Tuesday).

It is really hard to improve on this type of service.

Not that hard to improve on. It should be in eServices just like promotions. There is no good reason it's not other than nobody thought to do it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

I love this.  They've moved up group 2 again, it now starts for us on Tuesday!
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

exFlight Officer

Quote from: Flint on January 12, 2010, 09:32:47 PM
I love this.  They've moved up group 2 again, it now starts for us on Tuesday!

That's great news. Im in the fourth group (set for 15 May)  so maybe we will get bumped up after group three is finished.