Main Menu

the acadamy

Started by ryan s, October 07, 2006, 09:21:44 PM

ryan s

We were talking about the academy last meeting and we ended be for i could ask if you have a better chance of getting in to the academy if you already have your pilot license and if you are in CAP. And do they hold spots open for CAP cadets?

Can anyone answere these questions?
cadet airman Ryan scott
ner-ny-135 compsite sq.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: ryan s on October 07, 2006, 09:21:44 PM
Do they hold spots open for CAP cadets?

Nope, but being in the CAP helps out alot (with getting into the Academy).  About 10 percent of every USAFA graduating class is made up of CAP Cadets.

ryan s

they should hold spots open.  >:(
but i understand that it is hard enof to get in and it would be unfair to make it harder for non-CAP members to join by making  fewer spots for them.
cadet airman Ryan scott
ner-ny-135 compsite sq.

capchiro

I think CAP has a slot or two available in the Academy Prep school for a CAP member that doesn't quite make it into the Academy.  One of the most important things to do if you are interested in the Academy is to get to know and support your congressman.  All appointments need a congressional appointment and if you have helped with a campaign and they know you, it sure helps.  Of course, you still need to have the grades, extracurricular activities, sports, etc.  The Academy wants a candidate to be well rounded, school, sports, CAP or scouts, work, etc.  They want to know that you can be successful and active in many areas at the same time.  To get into the Academy requires effort on the part of the student and on their parents part.  One of my sons graduated from USAFA in 1991.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

ryan s

Quote from: capchiro on October 08, 2006, 03:26:13 PM
I think CAP has a slot or two available in the Academy Prep school for a CAP member that doesn't quite make it into the Academy.  One of the most important things to do if you are interested in the Academy is to get to know and support your congressman.  All appointments need a congressional appointment and if you have helped with a campaign and they know you, it sure helps.  Of course, you still need to have the grades, extracurricular activities, sports, etc.  The Academy wants a candidate to be well rounded, school, sports, CAP or scouts, work, etc.  They want to know that you can be successful and active in many areas at the same time.  To get into the Academy requires effort on the part of the student and on their parents part.  One of my sons graduated from USAFA in 1991.

tell him congratulations a Little late
cadet airman Ryan scott
ner-ny-135 compsite sq.