Requiring COMMAND experience for Level III completion

Started by RiverAux, November 08, 2009, 03:21:34 PM

Westernslope

Instead of requiring Command experience for PD levels, why not require PD levels for Command positions? We have Wing CCs (well, at least one) that have not progressed past Level 1.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Westernslope on December 01, 2009, 10:21:20 PM
Instead of requiring Command experience for PD levels, why not require PD levels for Command positions? We have Wing CCs (well, at least one) that have not progressed past Level 1.

Sounds good... What would you/anyone propose for reasonable minimums?

New Squadron: CC = Level 1 +
Existing Squadron CC = Level 2 +
Group CC = Level 3 +
Wing CC = Level 4 +
Region CC = Level 5

No i didn't think the above out... just thought I should provide something since I asked ;)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

jeders

Quote from: RiveraJ on December 02, 2009, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: Westernslope on December 01, 2009, 10:21:20 PM

Group CC = Level 3 +
Wing CC = Level 4 +
Region CC = Level 5

No i didn't think the above out... just thought I should provide something since I asked ;)

Actually, I was just thinking the same scheme, with one exception. I would start the PD requirement at Group and leave the squadron level as is.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Camas

Quote from: RiveraJ on December 02, 2009, 06:23:09 PM

Group CC = Level 3 +
Wing CC = Level 4 +
Region CC = Level 5

Minimum requirements or "suggested guidelines" for wing commanders state that they hold the grade of major and should complete Level IV. Ref: CAPR35-9 Section B para 3 and 4. So - the question - do they have to have Level IV completed?

Eclipse

Quote from: Camas on December 02, 2009, 07:51:17 PM
Minimum requirements or "suggested guidelines" for wing commanders state that they hold the grade of major and should complete Level IV. Ref: CAPR35-9 Section B para 3 and 4. So - the question - do they have to have Level IV completed?

No.

"That Others May Zoom"