Senior Member job performance evaluations

Started by LtCol057, October 08, 2009, 06:07:09 AM

flyguy06

Quote from: PHall on October 15, 2009, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on October 15, 2009, 07:31:22 PM
They need to get the new snior mwmbers out of the clasrooms and onto the dril field. They should practice formations. I would hope that most squadrons (even senior squadrons) have opening formations and ward formations, so that is something practical you could use in CAP.

Definantly not only show how to wear the uniform, bu twhats  wrong with having"OMG"and actual uniform inspection (again, you could practice your formations in conjunction)?

Flyguy, I sure hope you drill better then you type. Do you even look at what you type before you hit the Post button?

If one of your enlisted guys turned out work like this the First Sergeant would be in his face Big Time!

PHall,

When I am typing a formal report, obviously Itreat it differently than when I am having fun on a social message board. Its interesting how people critisize peoples speling yet when people text me I get messages like this "pls cll tomrow and lets gt some pizza" I know what they are saying without them having to spell it out. Whats the difference?

PHall

Quote from: flyguy06 on October 16, 2009, 03:38:25 AM
They need to get the new snior mwmbers out of the clasrooms and onto the dril field. They should practice formations. I would hope that most squadrons (even senior squadrons) have opening formations and ward formations, so that is something practical you could use in CAP.

Definantly not only show how to wear the uniform, bu twhats  wrong with having"OMG"and actual uniform inspection (again, you could practice your formations in conjunction)?

Flyguy, I sure hope you drill better then you type. Do you even look at what you type before you hit the Post button?

If one of your enlisted guys turned out work like this the First Sergeant would be in his face Big Time!

PHall,

When I am typing a formal report, obviously Itreat it differently than when I am having fun on a social message board. Its interesting how people critisize peoples speling yet when people text me I get messages like this "pls cll tomrow and lets gt some pizza" I know what they are saying without them having to spell it out. Whats the difference?

This isn't Twitter. There is no 140 character limit. And since you are an Officer in the United States Army, I know you know how to spell.

SarDragon

PHall,

I recommend that you read (or reread, as the case may be) the last two sentences in the next-to-last paragraph of my post on this thread: Proffesionalisim on captalk . The part about examples. If we are writing poorly, the cadets are going to think it's equally OK for them to write the same way. It seems counterproductive to maintain two distinctly different writing styles, one for here and one for school,  unnecessarily.

Again, YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flyguy06

Quote from: PHall on October 16, 2009, 04:47:53 AM

PHall,

This isn't Twitter. There is no 140 character limit. And since you are an Officer in the United States Army, I know you know how to spell.

I'm a grunt officer  ;D

flyguy06

Quote from: SarDragon on October 16, 2009, 05:42:53 AM

PHall,

I recommend that you read (or reread, as the case may be) the last two sentences in the next-to-last paragraph of my post on this thread: Proffesionalisim on captalk . The part about examples. If we are writing poorly, the cadets are going to think it's equally OK for them to write the same way. It seems counterproductive to maintain two distinctly different writing styles, one for here and one for school,  unnecessarily.

Again, YMMV.

What does YMMV mean? Was that correct english?

SarDragon

As has been explained before, it means Your Mileage May Vary.

Quote from: Online Urban DictionaryLiterally, "Your Mileage May Vary," coming from the small print in (American?) automobile commercials in the 70's and 80's. It has come to mean an acknowledgement that the opinion of the poster may not be shared by everyone.

A search for YMMV on Yahoo! yields 3.750,000 hits, the first of which is quoted, in part, above.

Now, instead of engaging in schoolboy playground tactics, how about addressing the real issue here.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Michael M

The forms you probably saw are now located here:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/best_practices_pd.cfm                   

They are located under CAP UNIVERSITY > Best Practices: PD.  The OER/NCOER forms are from a wing and not CAP/HQ.

lordmonar

Too busy doing work to waste time standing in formation.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Short Field

I would rather spend the time training them in ES functions.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Short Field on November 11, 2009, 06:50:26 AM
I would rather spend the time training them in ES functions.

Agreed, but I would also prefer their uniforms look decent if they decide to wear the AF Uniform.

They don't need a class on uniforms weekly or even monthly. An introductory class for new members, and on the spot fixes, with the expectation of corrections (what we demand of the cadets) should be enough.