National Board & CAP CV Election

Started by ZigZag911, August 11, 2006, 09:40:42 PM

ZigZag911

In a single session (I believe) of the Board, two controversial proposals (one allowing the National CC to run for another term, the other extending Region & Wing CCs trnures in office) were rejected by respectable majorities.

At the same time, Col Amy Courter, former Michigan Wing CC, was elected Natinal Vice Commander.

CAP's first woman general is historically significant.

However, her greater impact may arise less from her gender than from her personal characteristics (which, of course, is as it should be).

It's true she has served as director of the Civic Leadership Academy since it began several years ago, and she also chairs the national Professional Development committee. Nevertheless  a quick reading of her biography and philosophy (she put up a web site for her 'campaign'), as well as comments on other forums from members who know her, seem to paint a picture of her as someone who is definitely NOT one of "the usual suspects"!

Future generations of CAP members may look back to this year's Summer Boards as "The Revolt of the Wing Commanders", when a small majority of the commanding colonels decided to stand up and take charge again.....the day when the appointment of  inexperienced, inept, under-qualified cronies to high leadership posts finally came to a halt.

Maybe I'm expecting too much...

mawr

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 11, 2006, 09:40:42 PM
.....the day when the appointment of  inexperienced, inept, under-qualified cronies to high leadership posts finally came to a halt.

Care to elaborate as to whom you are refering?  I ask so that I may know of whom to stay clear. :o   
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

ZigZag911

Quote from: mawr on August 11, 2006, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 11, 2006, 09:40:42 PM
.....the day when the appointment of  inexperienced, inept, under-qualified cronies to high leadership posts finally came to a halt.

Care to elaborate as to whom you are refering?  I ask so that I may know of whom to stay clear. :o   

Those I know about are nowhere near Alabama.

However, I understand from sources which include former NB members that this is an organization-wide problem in CAP today.

ande.boyer

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 11, 2006, 10:57:56 PM

I hear the AL chief of staff needs to be kept a careful watch on...

ande.boyer

Quote from: ande.boyer on August 12, 2006, 04:26:55 AM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 11, 2006, 10:57:56 PM

I hear the AL chief of staff needs to be kept a careful watch on...

Oh crap!  How do you delete posts on here?!?

;-)

mawr

Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

Matt

Quote from: mawr on August 12, 2006, 05:01:31 AM
White Out works for me.  ;D

No wonder I can't see through me screen anymore... time for a new laptop...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>