Son Of Ilan Ramon killed in F-16 accident

Started by disamuel, September 13, 2009, 05:36:19 PM

disamuel

Just heard on the news, the son of Astronaut Ilan Ramon, IAF Lt. Assaf Ramon was killed in an F-16 accident earlier today:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3776217,00.html

Spike

CadetProgramGuy

BuckeyeDEJ

Jets crash every once in a while. So what?

Here's what. I don't mean this to sound crass, but it's a morbid case of 'like father, like son.' Ilan Ramon was one of the seven aboard that ill-fated Columbia re-entry a few years ago.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Mustang

Quote from: Spike on September 14, 2009, 02:37:16 AM
Sad, but relates to CAP how??

Israel is America's parent country, doncha know??   ::)
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Flying Pig

Id say its definitely CAP/Aviation related.

Sad, father and son both great aviators.  Farwell gents.

BuckeyeDEJ

I've heard the father was one helluva pilot. Maybe someone else can elaborate on his ability.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

davidsinn

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on September 14, 2009, 06:42:52 PM
I've heard the father was one helluva pilot. Maybe someone else can elaborate on his ability.

He put a Mk84 iron bomb into an Iraqi nuclear reactor.....
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DC

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on September 14, 2009, 06:42:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera

He was one of the participants in what is probably one of the most daring and successful long-range air strikes ever. He also fought in the 1982 war with Lebanon, and logged over 1000 hours in the F-16, as well as flying the A-4, Mirage III-C and the F-4.