New forida wing patch

Started by stemguard, August 09, 2009, 11:37:51 PM

stemguard

When does the new Florida Wing patch come into place by regulation :angel:

JohnKachenmeister

Actually, it comes into place by needle and thread ::)
Another former CAP officer

RiverAux

I guess all it takes to change a wing patch is for the wing commander to say so.  Don't think I've ever seen or heard of it being done through a supplement or something like that.  For historical purposes you would hope that there is some sort of written order for the change. 

Eclipse

My wing approves and authorizes all wearable insignia via a supplement to 39-1.

"That Others May Zoom"

Thom

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 10, 2009, 12:14:27 AM
Actually, it comes into place by needle and thread ::)

Dear Major Kachenmeister,

Please advise the address where I might present to you the bill for replacing my Coke Zero-deluged keyboard.

Thank You.

Thom Hamilton

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2009, 12:17:51 AM
I guess all it takes to change a wing patch is for the wing commander to say so.  Don't think I've ever seen or heard of it being done through a supplement or something like that.  For historical purposes you would hope that there is some sort of written order for the change.

"written order"? what is this? do they have these in your wing? why would a commander write something down?  weird.

SarDragon

These guys are all deadbeats. I've got a whole shelf full of sticky KBs that no one has been willing to pony up the bucks for. Fortunately, I have the capacity to properly rinse them for reuse.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Johnny Yuma

New wing patch?

Anyone got pics?
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

MIKE

Mike Johnston

DC

It is currently authorized for wear, the old patch will be legal until Mar 2010, at which point all FLWG personnel that wear a wing patch must have the new one.

Airrace

alamrcn

Quote from: stemguard on August 09, 2009, 11:37:51 PM
When does the new Florida Wing patch come into place by regulation :angel:

The FLWG/CC annouced the patch to the membership on July 6, and they were available about a week later <G!> at Vanguard.

If you do see other dates, please let us know. For the meanwhile, I have June/July 2009 down as a tentative authorization date by the SER/CC... However it could have been much earlier than that.

As stated earlier, the end date for the Version 2 patch is March 7, 2010.

Here is the info on the patch I have documented so far...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/FL/flwg3a.html

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Johnny Yuma

I just saw it.

Blecchh.

Bring back the Rescue Gator!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: