Main Menu

ES tests

Started by katrina06, July 02, 2009, 01:49:01 PM

katrina06

I've done the GES,Is-700,Is-100,CAPT-116,CAPT-177 1,2,and 3.

Is their any other test i should take and im doing the Mission Radio Operater training
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

jimmydeanno

If you're just looking for tests to take in your free time, I would suggest:

GES
CAPT 117 (Just do all of them)
IS-100
IS-200
IS-700
IS-800
Skills Evaluator Training (SET)

That'll give you a good headstart on whatever your end goals is.  Whether it's UDF, MRO, GTM-3, etc.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

katrina06

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 02, 2009, 01:52:59 PM

GES
IS-100
IS-200
IS-700
IS-800

That'll give you a good headstart on whatever your end goals is.  Whether it's UDF, MRO, GTM-3, etc.
Done GES,117,100,and 700 so half way their and i am doing the MRO. I have no life so i just sit here and try to do every thing. Funny thing yesterday i didnt see that the level things were not for cadets so i completed all 6 module for level one
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Eclipse

IS-200

Ground handling

Basic and Intermediate ORM

Wing Walker

Basic and Intermediate Safety Course

"That Others May Zoom"

katrina06

If its not any trouble may i have links?
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

jeders

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PM

GES
IS-100
IS-200
IS-700
IS-800

Done GES,117,100,and 700 so half way their and i am doing the MRO. I have no life so i just sit here and try to do every thing. Funny thing yesterday i didnt see that the level things were not for cadets so i completed all 6 module for level one

If you really want to help yourself, get off the computer and go outside. Taking tests is fine, but if you don't get out into the world and develop more than your computer test taking skills, then you may not get far in life.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

katrina06

Quote from: jeders on July 02, 2009, 02:45:02 PM

GES
IS-100
IS-200
IS-700
IS-800

If you really want to help yourself, get off the computer and go outside. Taking tests is fine, but if you don't get out into the world and develop more than your computer test taking skills, then you may not get far in life.
Thats kinda mean given you dont know me. I run every morning. I want to do all these test because i wont be in CAP for two weeks. Week one cuz im going to see my family out in the county ill be out side every day. and week two i have AFJROTC Summer Leadership School(Encampment) Its harder then CAP encampment by the way. Also i think the subject of Discussion board is ES test not try and assume that all i do is sit on the computer and take test.
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

BTCS1*

C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jeders

You're right, I don't know you, but to quote you,

I have no life so i just sit here and try to do every thing.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

katrina06

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 02, 2009, 03:26:27 PM
Owned.  ;)
Thanks. Did you get the message i send you reguarding how keesler is
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

katrina06

Quote from: jeders on July 02, 2009, 03:27:18 PM

I know what i put plus it was a figure of speech and just playing around. The other people knew what i was talking about. Just wondering are you a cadet or senior member
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

jeders

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 03:31:20 PM

I know what i put plus it was a figure of speech and just playing around. The other people knew what i was talking about. Just wondering are you a cadet or senior member

I am former cadet officer and very active in ES. So trust me when I say that you should put less emphasis on online test taking, and put more on just becoming a good well-rounded person and cadet.

And don't take the SET test online, it is useless to you until you have been qualified for at least a year in something other than GES.

Hawk200

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PMFunny thing yesterday i didnt see that the level things were not for cadets so i completed all 6 module for level one

Don't bother with any more of the Senior Programs stuff, you probably won't even receive any kind of credit for it; if you decide to go senior you'll probably have to take it again.

OPSEC everyone has to have, so you're good on that one.

If you're planning on focusing on ES, then the rest of the IS courses wouldn't be a bad idea. IS-300/400 are resident courses, as a cadet you probably won't be able to get them, but the other courses are useful knowledge.

For now, your biggest focus should be on studying Aerospace and Leadership books. I've seen many cadets that did nothing but ES stuff after their first stripe, and almost got terminated for lack of advancement. (It's not common, but it has been done.)

Welcome to CAP, hope you enjoy it.

jimmydeanno

To become a "well-rounded" person and cadet, the online tests will have to be taken at some point, so what's with the effort to try and not have this [obviously motivated] cadet take them if they choose to?  All day long people gripe about not being able to get people to take training they need to.  Here is one that WANTS to.

He's relatively new, wants to learn, wants to expand his knowledge of the organization and you're making attempts to stifle that.  Just him wanting to go into ES shows his attempts to be well rounded (not just sticking to CP and AE).

I have the impression that he didn't come here to get quasi, random, leadership lessons from somebody he's never met.

He obviously has a good head on his shoulders.  He could be sitting at home playing X-Box or PS3, instead, he comes here and says, "Hey, what courses can I take to make me better at what I do."  I'll give him all the answers he's looking for...

katrina06

Quote from: jeders on July 02, 2009, 04:23:56 PM
Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 03:31:20 PM

I am former cadet officer and very active in ES. So trust me when I say that you should put less emphasis on online test taking, and put more on just becoming a good well-rounded person and cadet.

And don't take the SET test online, it is useless to you until you have been qualified for at least a year in something other than GES.
I am a good well-rounded person. Im sorry about the whole thing i put about you not knowing me that was uncalled for. but now i passed the is -100,200,700,800  CAPT-116,117(all three) GES( working to be come a MRO) and the SET.
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

katrina06

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 02, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PMFunny thing yesterday i didnt see that the level things were not for cadets so i completed all 6 module for level one

Don't bother with any more of the Senior Programs stuff, you probably won't even receive any kind of credit for it; if you decide to go senior you'll probably have to take it again.

OPSEC everyone has to have, so you're good on that one.

If you're planning on focusing on ES, then the rest of the IS courses wouldn't be a bad idea. IS-300/400 are resident courses, as a cadet you probably won't be able to get them, but the other courses are useful knowledge.

For now, your biggest focus should be on studying Aerospace and Leadership books. I've seen many cadets that did nothing but ES stuff after their first stripe, and almost got terminated for lack of advancement. (It's not common, but it has been done.)

Welcome to CAP, hope you enjoy it.
Im doing that also all i need now is to take the AE module test then im going to be A1C. I have read the module 1 many times im going to ace the test when the test day comes
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Hawk200

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 04:39:34 PMbut now i passed the is -100,200,700,800  CAPT-116,117(all three) GES( working to be come a MRO) and the SET.

Good start, for now that's probably all you're really gonna be able to do online. A lot of what's left now is field training.

Does your unit have regular training for ES? Do they have an occasional Saturday meeting to do training? Things like that?

An additional day every now and then helps to cover things that you just don't have time for during the meeting. Try to make as many of those as possible. It can be hard to get there on a weekend, but it's well worth the time.

katrina06

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 02, 2009, 04:49:05 PM
Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 04:39:34 PMbut now i passed the is -100,200,700,800  CAPT-116,117(all three) GES( working to be come a MRO) and the SET.

Good start, for now that's probably all you're really gonna be able to do online. A lot of what's left now is field training.

Does your unit have regular training for ES? Do they have an occasional Saturday meeting to do training? Things like that?

An additional day every now and then helps to cover things that you just don't have time for during the meeting. Try to make as many of those as possible. It can be hard to get there on a weekend, but it's well worth the time.
Yes Sir' we had a day were we had the airplane up in the air makeing signels and a basic radio class. Right now im trying to get the few things left for my bdu so i can go do the SAREX
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Pace

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 04:39:34 PM
i passed the is -100,200,700,800  CAPT-116,117(all three) GES( working to be come a MRO) and the SET.
As some have stated previously, a few other good courses would be:

OPSEC
https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec/main.cfm

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/safety/orm.cfm

The ground handling video is required if you want to be a flight line marshaller:
https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.MultiMedia.Web/Video.aspx

The wing runner test is available if you ever do anything with gliders:
https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/default.cfm?grp=dov

Good luck!
Lt Col, CAP

katrina06

Quote from: Pace on July 02, 2009, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 04:39:34 PM
i passed the is -100,200,700,800  CAPT-116,117(all three) GES( working to be come a MRO) and the SET.
As some have stated previously, a few other good courses would be:

OPSEC
https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec/main.cfm

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/safety/orm.cfm

The ground handling video is required if you want to be a flight line marshaller:
https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.MultiMedia.Web/Video.aspx

The wing runner test is available if you ever do anything with gliders:
https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/default.cfm?grp=dov

Good luck!
Sweet thank you so much. Good luck with what you do.
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

katrina06

It says i passed the OPSEC but i dont remember doing that
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Hawk200

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 04:58:23 PMYes Sir' we had a day were we had the airplane up in the air makeing signels and a basic radio class. Right now im trying to get the few things left for my bdu so i can go do the SAREX

You've already got your first stripe before you had a uniform ready? You're apparently taking your studying very seriously. Most cadets have had complete uniforms for up to several weeks before they even get promoted. Good job.

SAREX's can be a lot of fun, but at the same time can be hard work. If your boots are new, then break them in before you go. If they're full leather, saddle soaping them can help. Don't wear a starched uniform, it's hot, and can be itchy for some folks.

Do you have any field gear yet? If you don't, and you can afford it, get some. Don't worry about the fancy expensive stuff, get what works and you can afford. Some people want the fancy new rucksacks at premium prices. It's not necessary. Hiking packs can be inexpensive, and will do the job.

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 05:19:19 PM
It says i passed the OPSEC but i dont remember doing that

That's for everyone, but it's listed in the Level 1 module. If you did all those, then you did actually do that.

katrina06

I have the blues already done. Im in afjrotc so that helped and if you have time explain the field gear please
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

notaNCO forever

Basic feild gear the (T) stands for the stuff trainees need.
a. 24 hour pack
1) On your person:
a) Complete BDU uniform with BDU cap. The BDU cap may be replaced by a hard hat
or bright colored cap based on mission needs.(T)
b) Notepad and pencil (T)
c) All CAP Identification, including 101 card, 76 card, First Aid card, etc. (T)
d) Watch (T)
e) Handkerchief or Tissues
f) Vest, reflective, orange (T)
g) Comb or brush (optional, carry if needed) (T)
h) Ground Team Member's Handbook
i) Signal Mirror
j) Whistle
k) Pocket or utility-type knife, multipurpose with can opener. Swiss Army knives,
Leatherman, or Gerber Tools are recommended. (T)
2) Day pack (preferably red or orange), webbed gear, or other SAR/Survival Vest (T)
containing:
a) First Aid Kit, stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof container, recommended that
it consists of the following:
(1) 2 Antiseptic cleansing pads
(2) Antiseptic ointment
(3) 6 Band-Aids, various sizes
(4) Moleskin, 2" X 4"
(5) Roller bandage
(6) 2 Safety pins, large
(7) 4 gauze pads
(8) 1 Triangular Bandage
(9) Tape, first aid
(10) Any personal medication (your team leader should know what you have and
where you carry it.)(T)
(11) Rubber surgical gloves (two pair minimum)
b) Survival Kit, stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof container, consisting of:
(1) Duct tape, 5-10 feet (does not need to be a whole role. May be wrapped
around a stick.
(2) Leaf bag, large
(3) 12 wooden, waterproofed matches (T)
(4) Match container, waterproof, with striking surface
(5) 1 Chemical Light Stick, Green (T)
(6) 50' of nylon line (paracord or similar line).
c) SAR Equipment stored in zip-lock bags, consisting of:
(1) Change of socks (T)
(2) Flagging Tape, 1 roll
(3) Flashlight (with red or blue lens), with spare bulb and batteries
(4) Spare flashlight (penlight will do) (T)
(5) Insect repellent
(6) Lip balm, with sunscreen.
(7) Sunscreen lotion
(8) Tissue Paper (T)
O-0001 1-MAR-01
9) Work Gloves, leather (T)
(10) Interviewing Form(s), blank
(11) 4 Moist Towelettes, clean, in foil wrapper
(12 Change for phone calls, calling card, or cellular phone (T) to call mission base
d) 2 meals (T)
e) Shelter Material, preferably 8' X 10' (spare military poncho meets the need)
f) Coat for appropriate climate, if necessary (in pack if not wearing it)(T)
g) Poncho, (T)
h) Canteen(s) to carry 2 quarts of water (Some wings require their personnel to have at
least one one-quart canteen on a belt while the other is stored in the field pack. At least one quart of water must
be carried by all personnel)(T)
i) Compass Pouch, containing compass, lensatic or orienteering (orienteering preferred).
Compass should have a "glow in the dark" dial.

katrina06

C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Hawk200

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 06:01:04 PM
wow ok thats alot

Take your time at it, it's not so bad. Shop smart. I've gotten most of my stuff off eBay for pretty reasonable prices, including some deals that I got extras and donated them for use in my unit.

When it comes to things like rucks, look for the cheap stuff. I got a complete MOLLE pack, to include all the additional pouches and bags, for forty bucks. Don't be afraid to get the stuff that's the military is phasing out, people don't want the old colors, so it can be pretty cheap.

Also, keep in mind that you don't have to have military gear. Some people get stuck on that. A sleeping bag for camping is just as good as a military one.

notaNCO forever

Moat of the stuff really isn't to pricey, for what we do the top of the line stuff is not needed. The majority of my original equipment was from Wall Mart. Like it's been stated there is good deals on e bay.

katrina06

o ok i could care less if it is all pink just the idea of all that stuff i though it would be alot of money
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

Hawk200

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 06:34:22 PM
o ok i could care less if it is all pink just the idea of all that stuff i though it would be alot of money

A lot of it is little stuff that you probably have at home. Rucks and such can be bought pretty cheap. Based on my eBay shopping, I can put together all that gear for less than a hundred dollars.

That sounds like a lot, but if you spread it over a year, it's really nothing. I've rolled change every few months to take to the bank, and it's pretty easy to get 10, 20, even 30 dollars that way.

katrina06

ok sounds good thanks for all your help. :)
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002

davidsinn

Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 05:36:42 PM
I have the blues already done. Im in afjrotc so that helped and if you have time explain the field gear please

You only need field gear if you're going for ground team. There are many other positions that cadets can do that don't require much gear. Comms is always popular as is flight line.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

katrina06

Quote from: davidsinn on July 02, 2009, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: katrina06 on July 02, 2009, 05:36:42 PM

You only need field gear if you're going for ground team. There are many other positions that cadets can do that don't require much gear. Comms is always popular as is flight line.
Will take note cool thanks
C/Airman Christian Moore
CAP Biloxi, MS
MS - 048

C/SSgt. Christian Moore
AFJROTC MS - 20002