Main Menu

CAP-USAF moves

Started by RiverAux, June 13, 2009, 07:26:04 PM

Major Carrales

Quote from: FW on June 21, 2009, 01:33:56 PM
I'm no historian however; I do have a pretty decent recollection of CAP since the late 60s.  IMHO, except for the availability of airlift and the dearth of modern aircraft, relatively decent vehicles and a different demographic of senior member and cadet, not much has changed at the squadron level.  Members still worry about what to schedule for a meeting, cadets complain about getting promoted and, if they will have time for encampment or, which special activity to attend.  It really didn't matter if CAP was "commanded" by a 1 star AF officer or, the wing had an AF Col. as a LO.  In fact, if I remember correctly, we had more reports to deal with in the 70s and 80s than today.  The difference being.... no body cared about them as:  no one at national really looked at em...

I have to agree, most of the things we have at Squadron Level are the result more of member funding, than things we got from National.  (Yes, we have a laptop, but it is obsolete.)

The fact is the field CAP commanders, the fellows in the Groups and Squadrons (amid the confederacy of CAP's 52 Wings) are not directly effected by the personnel changes at National and CAP-USAF.   
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RADIOMAN015

Well I noticed that the Jeanne M Holm Center for Officer Accessions & Citizen Development  website still doesn't have Civil Air Patrol listed at all on the website (Listed are Holm Center, JROTC, ROTC, OTS & a link back to Air University).

Should be interesting to see WHEN Civil Air Patrol, at least websurfer wise finally gets placed in that organization's website.   Surprised that  CAP-USAF CC isn't all over the center webmaster to get it done ;)
RM   

RiverAux

They do have a link to CAP on the page where the Holm Center e-magazine is (The Leader).

But really it is way too soon to expect them to do a major re-design, which it would take to give CAP equal billing to the existing units within the center.

But, I would hope this would be done within a few months and that also CAP would be getting equal coverage by their public affairs folks by then.