Main Menu

NESA

Started by Hoorah, May 28, 2009, 03:43:20 PM

Hoorah

What are your thoughts of it, have you ever been to NESA,.
Can you go to an encampment then NESA  if you have never been to encampment.

Polecat

It has not.
Started for this year.
So I wouldn't.
Know until July 11.
Ask again later.
With complete.
Sentences.
And I will.
Reply to your.
Question.

davidsinn

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 03:43:20 PM

I wouldn't worry about either until you have your Curry because that is a requirement for both.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hoorah

Quote from: davidsinn on May 28, 2009, 05:52:15 PM
Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 03:43:20 PM

I wouldn't worry about either until you have your Curry because that is a requirement for both.
Okay.

Polecat

Thank you for making complete sentences and using propper punctuation. I will let you know when I get back from NESA.

Larry Mangum

Encampment attendance is not a prerequiste for attending NESA, however I would suspect that very few wing commander's will approve someone to attend who has not completed an encampment.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

GoofyOne

Quote from: Polecat on May 28, 2009, 06:11:27 PM
Thank you for making complete sentences and using propper punctuation. I will let you know when I get back from NESA.

don't you mean "proper".  :)

BrandonKea

Quote from: Who_knows? on May 28, 2009, 07:13:40 PM
Encampment attendance is not a prerequiste for attending NESA, however I would suspect that very few wing commander's will approve someone to attend who has not completed an encampment.

Since NESA is a NCSA, wouldn't you need an encampment under your belt before attending?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: BrandonKea on May 28, 2009, 07:39:25 PM
Quote from: Who_knows? on May 28, 2009, 07:13:40 PM

Since NESA is a NCSA, wouldn't you need an encampment under your belt before attending?

It's not technically an NCSA because it's geared more towards SM. Yes cadets go but there aren't many cadets that are eligible to be aircrew or GTL.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

BrandonKea

I understand that, but it is listed as an NCSA on the NHQ site, and you get an NCSA ribbon for attending....
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Larry Mangum

According to John Desmarais from NHQ, encampment is not a prerequisite for cadets.  A lot of cadets do attend for GTM training.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Hoorah

Quote from: Who_knows? on May 28, 2009, 08:33:03 PM
According to John Desmarais from NHQ, encampment is not a prerequisite for cadets.  A lot of cadets do attend for GTM training.
Was that 2009.

BrandonKea

Weird. That's cool though. Maybe it should count as an encampment?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Larry Mangum

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 08:34:29 PM
Was that 2009.

Yes
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

BrandonKea

You would, however, need to be at least a C/Amn with your GES rating to do any sort of ES Training.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

arajca

Quote from: BrandonKea on May 28, 2009, 08:34:41 PM

No. Encampment has a specific set of training requirements that cannot be met at NESA.

BrandonKea

Quote from: arajca on May 28, 2009, 10:41:22 PM
Quote from: BrandonKea on May 28, 2009, 08:34:41 PM

No. Encampment has a specific set of training requirements that cannot be met at NESA.

Back before I was a cadet, I would hear of people attending "Aerospace Encampments" or "Leadership Encampments". Maybe that's something that can be brought back, and NESA can be an "ES Encampment..."

But that's a post for another thread...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

whatevah

well, an "ES Encampment" would have to satisfy all of the requirements in the regulations plus the training already offered.  You'd be looking at a 10day encampment...   Not gonna happen.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

BrandonKea

Quote from: whatevah on May 28, 2009, 10:47:33 PM
well, an "ES Encampment" would have to satisfy all of the requirements in the regulations plus the training already offered.  You'd be looking at a 10day encampment...   Not gonna happen.

Maybe a reg change is in order... Just thinking outside the box here. Carry on!
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

whatevah

ok, what would you remove from the minimum requirements?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

BrandonKea

Quote from: whatevah on May 28, 2009, 10:52:40 PM
ok, what would you remove from the minimum requirements?

I might just have to look at that more in depth and get back to you :-)
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin