2009 NCSA's low participation?

Started by C/ZH, May 22, 2009, 12:55:11 AM

C/ZH

Just wondering, Im attending the NFA in Camp Ashland, NE this year and i have recieved numerous emails from other activities stating that they still have slots available even this close to the start of these activities. I evan recieved an email from the SUPT FC in the TXWG saying that they will evan pay airfare up to $200 for cadets who can attend. :o Is this because we have less participation in NCSA's this year?

BrandonKea

Wow, must be hurting pretty bad if they're offering to subsidize airfare.

Have fun at NFAP-NE, I went in '03, had a blast. The program is great, and the staff are awesome. Yell if you have any questions about the whole thing.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

CFI_Ed

Quote from: C/ZH on May 22, 2009, 12:55:11 AM
Just wondering, Im attending the NFA in Camp Ashland, NE this year and i have recieved numerous emails from other activities stating that they still have slots available even this close to the start of these activities. I evan recieved an email from the SUPT FC in the TXWG saying that they will evan pay airfare up to $200 for cadets who can attend. :o Is this because we have less participation in NCSA's this year?
Usually it's because someone drops out of a Primary slot and the AD is looking through the Alternates list for someone available to fill the slot. 
Ed Angala, Lt Col, CAP
Oklahoma Wing/DO

CadetProgramGuy

I know I've fielded calls for alternate slots for Blue Beret, and I didn't even apply.....(last year's BTW)

jimmydeanno

Or....it could be that the AF has decided to authorize use of funds for SUPTFC, just like COS.  COS pays for airfare there, they don't have any issues with attendance.

So the $200.00 could quite possibly be what they could squeak out of the budget this year.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

DBlair

...any chance NBB has any spots open for Seniors?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

CadetProgramGuy

it is tougher if you haven't applied, but you can always contact the PO.

DBlair

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 23, 2009, 05:29:42 AM

You seem pretty in tune with NBB details and so I figured I'd ask... Would you happen to know who the PO is and any contact details?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: DBlair on May 27, 2009, 05:10:15 PM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 23, 2009, 05:29:42 AM

You seem pretty in tune with NBB details and so I figured I'd ask... Would you happen to know who the PO is and any contact details?

PM Sent

Cleaver

It would be easy to fill up the events if there are openings.  All they need to do is email a list of all NCSA openings to every cadet who is an alternate for any activity everyother week until they are filled.   I have a cadet who was put on the alternate list for two activities and then never heard a word again.  Now she'll do other things for the summer and CAP looses out.  We probably would have signed her up for something else if we knew where there were openings.  She loves CAP but this experience has really soured her on some parts of it.