Staff Duty Description

Started by Dutchboy, May 04, 2009, 07:34:18 PM

Dutchboy

Anyone know if there is some kind of a Job Description for Senior Member postions at encampments? I am going to be doing a new job at encampment and want to be up to speed before going to encampment.

dwb

Depends on the Wing.  I could give you some good job descriptions for senior members at NYWG encampments, but it may be different in UTWG.

I would suggest just asking the encampment commander.

swamprat86

A lot of the support positions, PAO, flight ops, etc, are the same basic duties as they are at the unit level.  Your encampment chain of command should let you know of any specifics that unique to the environment.

DBlair

DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

whatevah

NYWG (I believe) developed a staff manual several years ago. We used it down at the Tri-Wing Encampment a couple years.  Even if your wing doesn't follow it, it has a lot of information that can be useful for both cadets and seniors.  I've attached a zipped copy of it to this post.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

IceNine

Quote from: messofficer on May 04, 2009, 07:34:18 PM
Anyone know if there is some kind of a Job Description for Senior Member postions at encampments? I am going to be doing a new job at encampment and want to be up to speed before going to encampment.

That's a fairly general question.  What are you going to be doing?  I could probably provide better answers if you tell us your secret.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4