specialty track approvals

Started by Dutchboy, April 22, 2009, 05:25:39 PM

Dutchboy

Who is authorized to sign off on a task with in a specialty track? As an example, who is authorized to sign off on Time spent in a command staff position?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: messofficer on April 22, 2009, 05:25:39 PM
Who is authorized to sign off on a task with in a specialty track? As an example, who is authorized to sign off on Time spent in a command staff position?

The commander is the ultimate authority in approving a specialty track; generally individual tasks can be delegated to the PDO or a mentor.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Dutchboy

So the individual tasks like the time spent in command/staff position can be done by the PDO. but the Signing off of the Whole thing, is done by The CC? Right?

Camas

Quote from: messofficer on April 22, 2009, 05:35:29 PM
So the individual tasks like the time spent in command/staff position can be done by the PDO. but the Signing off of the Whole thing, is done by The CC? Right?
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 22, 2009, 05:29:03 PM
The commander is the ultimate authority in approving a specialty track; generally individual tasks can be delegated to the PDO or a mentor.

As a PDO you can be given the task by your commander of verifying the completion of tasks within a given specialty track by a unit member. Once you've done that you can then go into e-service into the "Specialty Track Administration" restricted application and submit the member's name for approval. As AlphaSigOU stated the ultimate decision is up to the commander. The commander can certainly take the time and/or opportunity to go over the requirements once again with the member if she or he feels that's warranted. Once the commander has approved the online application it's automatically posted into the system and the member may now wear the specialty track badge for the given achievement.

brenaud

As far as the individual tasks, I do my best to find someone who is rated in that specialty (it helps that I'm at group so I can see more than a single squadron to find trainers).  Many of the CAPP2xx series reference self-study, but it's usually much more helpful for the student to talk to someone experienced in the field that knows the ins & outs of that particular specialty (as well as a few tricks of the trade).
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699