Main Menu

Leather Nametag

Started by es_g0d, April 11, 2009, 10:56:09 PM

CAP277

Can someone point me in the right direction for some leather name patches other than from vanguard through private message ? Thanks.

Eclipse

No need for a private message - http://flightbadge.com/

They are not a secret.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP277

Thanks, anyone have any experience with them ? Good quality ?

Eclipse

Quote from: VETTE277 on May 19, 2009, 08:19:34 PM
Thanks, anyone have any experience with them ? Good quality ?

Yes, they are awesome. Good quality/price/service.  Fast shipping.

They are also a CAP sponsor.

"That Others May Zoom"

pixelwonk

they are excellent.
just an FYI, if you go "dual cool" they'll put your badges side-by-side.

FlyingTerp

Quote from: Eclipse on May 19, 2009, 08:11:21 PM

They are not a secret.

Superior product to what is available from the other guys.  If you ever get a chance to compare side by side, their leather nametag is better quality, color, printing, etc.   I highly recommend them.

es_g0d

Please don't put badges side-by-side in my Air Force (style) uniform.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

m981

I recently asked the folks at flightbadge why they offer only side by side . Their rep stated that some CAP LTC told them that this was correct(probably assumed that Vanguard was right). I let them know that the manual does not specify. They promise to offer vertical arrangements soon.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

Stonewall

I've had my "dual cool" flight badge from them for 2 years now and its vertical, not side by side.

Did they change the set up based on some goofball?
Serving since 1987.

pixelwonk

In a word, yes.
In an order I placed in late 07 I got them vertical.
I ordered this past Feb to replace my 1st Lt with Capt and they arrived side by side.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

es_g0d

I vote with my my pocketbook in this case, then.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Mustang

They are not a secret.

Another swing-and-a-miss from Bobbo. 

flightbadge.com is NOT the secret source for the best CAP leather nametags. 

To quote Yoda, "no....there is another."
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

m981

I just got a vertically aligned leather badge from flightbadge.com. They sent it gratis after retooling, as promised. Can someone PM the secret source to me?
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

Eclipse

Quote from: Mustang on May 29, 2009, 07:34:33 AM

They are not a secret.

Another swing-and-a-miss from Bobbo. 

flightbadge.com is NOT the secret source for the best CAP leather nametags. 

To quote Yoda, "no....there is another."

Um, yes.  That's what I literally said.

I know of at least 5-6 different sources for CAP-specific leather name tags that include the badges.  FB happens to do a good job and has been a recent CAP sponsor.

Would you like to me to publish a list of all the others, or is it enough that we all know you think have some double secret source?     ::)

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

We just wanna not have the legal pit bulls drying up our sources with C&D notices.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

a2capt

I need to order some new flight badges ..

I see fb.com .. there.. though, honestly, I'm not unhappy with what I got from vanguard last time, construction wise, they're decent. What I don't like is the silver seemed to wear off fast on one of them.

So.. I'm asking, I see fb.com, $20 for four, pick CAP pilot, enter the stuff on two lines. So, do I enter "MAJ      CAP" for the second line, or do they know to do that?

..and someone said there was another super secret source? I've not used any of these folks and truely would like something that at least holds up as well as what I got from vanguard last, so.. any PMs directed if someone doesn't wanna post something ..  fine. ;-)

I see fb.com is affiliated in some way with 800nametape .. which I need to call and order stuff, 'cause I wanna replace all the blue stuff with like aged stuff and their fabric name tapes kick butt.

Short Field

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on April 14, 2009, 10:00:10 PM
I wear mine with my Senior Parachutist wings. Any yahoo can land a plane. You gotta have something special to jump out.

Special to fall and hit the ground???  Now if you managed to miss it... ;D
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

SJFedor

well, i guess FB was nice while it lasted....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

a2capt

Oh good lord.

I can just see this now.. "Lets go read CAPTalk to see who to send a C&D to next" ..

Whatever.

it's NOT a real secret, you can type in flight badge civil air patrol in google and find about 10 places. If our "secrets" are this well hidden, but yet this obvious .. then we're in real trouble.

The reason I was asking, was for input from actual orders .. and this whole C&D super secret sauce debate comes up again. Do you think they are really that daft that they can't find whatever they are looking for without CAPTalk forums?

Puh-lease.