Implementing Computers & Technology into SAR / DR

Started by ande.boyer, May 02, 2006, 01:32:31 PM

arajca

To deal with the CO poisoning issue, your local auto parts store should carry (or be able to get) shop exhaust hose. This is flexible, rubber based hose designed to carry hot exhaust gases away from a vehicle that is running. It has one end designed to slip over the tail pipe and usually is about ten feet long. You can connect multiple hoses if needed.

CLB

In SC, we're in the final stages of setting up a moble comm trailer.  Awesome setup that can be deployed anywhere in the state within 4 hours.

We actually have a member owned comm van as well (I think I remember reading about this).   
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

arajca

Any change we could get a copy of the plans and/or equipment list?

Please?

CLB

I'm not sure, as I've not seen it in person yet. 

However, if anyone is really that interested, e-mail me at GTChrisB@hotmail.com and I'll see what I can dig up. 

I know for a FACT that it CAN serve as a mobile repeater for not only CAP, but 800 mhz trunked systems as well.  Same for our HIBirds.   

Speaking of which...we're going to play a major part in state hurricane ops in the event it happens here because of all this. 
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

GIS4PA

I understand that the North Carolina has an excellent GIS program.  Does anyone know what type of software packages they are working with or anything about their GIS organization? 

jimmydeanno

I always thought we should partner with google (more specifically google earth) to create an add-on that had CAP grids.

Combine with that the "real-time" GPS coordinate import feature currently in google earth and another slight modification so you could network the aircraft and ground teams to feed into the MBs google earth.

It would track where all the assets were in real-time, allow you to put in the push-pin thingies (yes, that's the official term :) ) make comments where necessary and gain an instant view of actual mission status.

Just a thought I was thinking...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SJESOFFICER

Be advised there we do have grids for google earth I dont remember where you can download them but try Cawg site... and I'll repost a link when I have some more time...
1 LT Brendan Gadd
San Jose Sqd 80, CAWG
Emergency Services Officer

SJFedor

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 12, 2007, 07:45:48 PM
I always thought we should partner with google (more specifically google earth) to create an add-on that had CAP grids.

Combine with that the "real-time" GPS coordinate import feature currently in google earth and another slight modification so you could network the aircraft and ground teams to feed into the MBs google earth.

It would track where all the assets were in real-time, allow you to put in the push-pin thingies (yes, that's the official term :) ) make comments where necessary and gain an instant view of actual mission status.

Just a thought I was thinking...

Actually, we used something similar, but already in place, at NESA.

They actually had Indy Center allocate a swath of squawk codes for each day's operations, and each aircraft, and the MAS Commandant made friends with someone that allowed them to use some FAA real time database that would show every CAP aircraft in the air that was either on their special code, or any other CAP aircraft in the nation that was on flight following or IFR.

Not sure how they got the access, but I remember hearing it took them a lot of begging, and every few hours they had to log off, and call someone with one of those digital access cards that generate random numerical sequences for the password to log us back in again. Worked real neat, especially since you could see other VFR or IFR traffic in the vicinity, as well as it having a superimposed NEXRAD radar readout, so they could pull people back or at least go "Yeah, you see that level 4 thunderstorm to your west?"

No CAP grids on it, but it did (I think) have lat/long degree lines, so one could kinda guestimate about what grid they were in.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)