Main Menu

ECI 13

Started by stratoflyer, January 29, 2009, 02:31:14 PM

BillB

In one of the College of Education courses I took, the instructor gave an open book exam in the middle of the semester. Near the end of the semester, he gave the same exam, closed book. Basically the scores were identical for each student. His point, that when a student does not know an answer an looks in the book, he retains the information longer Two semesters later, the instructor contacted each member of the class and asked them to take the same exam, again closed book. The final scores showed a drop of less than 5% from earlier scores, indicating the information was still stored in the brain. So open book testing does have long term value.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Capt Rivera

Quote from: BillB on September 15, 2009, 04:10:07 PM
The final scores showed a drop of less than 5% from earlier scores, indicating the information was still stored in the brain. So open book testing does have long term value.

Interesting... wouldn't mind seeing a more complete study like this...
- More people
- Different subjects
- Varying degrees of education
etc
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

RiverAux

You'd think that the second time he gave the same exam scores would go up quite a bit unless he never let them know which ones they missed and what the correct answer was,

wuzafuzz

9 days and counting.   Could really use some good news this week.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

wuzafuzz

Passed with diploma in hand   ;D

Next achievement.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

FastAttack

thanks to this thread and the study aids, i felt good going in and i felt good going out after taking the test.

i guess a handful of us are going to be the last to ever take such test , especially with the new cap officer course.

Michael M

If you attend SLS, take Yeager test A, read the ECI 13 four volume books twice you should get over 90% since most of the ECI 13 test covers content from SLS and the Yeager with some new material in the ECI course.

Do all this in a four month period and there should be no sweaty palms during the test.  Besides the test color is pink to calm you down.

Hawk200

Quote from: Michael M on November 13, 2009, 07:22:29 PMBesides the test color is pink to calm you down.

They must be rotating the colors. Mine was green.

FastAttack

well i received my diploma yesterday.. I guess i passed lol.

Question is how long until national posts it.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: FastAttack on November 22, 2009, 04:28:07 PM

If you haven't seen your eServices record update after 4-6 weeks, scan a copy of the 'Af-a-diddle' postcard showing your test results and attach it to an e-mail to Jennifer Carroll at jcarroll@capnhq.gov . She will update your record within 24-48 hours.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

FastAttack

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 22, 2009, 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: FastAttack on November 22, 2009, 04:28:07 PM

If you haven't seen your eServices record update after 4-6 weeks, scan a copy of the 'Af-a-diddle' postcard showing your test results and attach it to an e-mail to Jennifer Carroll at jcarroll@capnhq.gov . She will update your record within 24-48 hours.

as funny as it sounds.. i got the diploma without the tests results themselves.. i guess they got seperated.

RogueLeader

They don't send a card for ECI 13 if you pass, just the certificate.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eeyore

I got a card and a certificate, the card came about a week after the certificate and had my score printed on it.

Airrace

Quote from: wuzafuzz on September 26, 2009, 01:28:18 AM
Passed with diploma in hand   ;D

Next achievement.

Congradulations

CAPsteve

OK, I just got ECI 13 placed in my PD training record dated 02 Feb.2012.  So, if this is now BOC, why did HQ list it as ECI 13?

a2capt

Probably because it still says ECI 13 in a bunch of the publications.

For purposes of database schema and queries I'd bet donuts at a sarex that the IT people don't feel like reprogramming it to have a "this or that" requirement for the routine that validates the promotion criteria is met.

Although they could just change the field name to be "ECI 13 / BOC" ...

Your's should at least say "online" in it:

ECI 13    Online     DD MMM YYYY

Spaceman3750

Since it's OBC, not BOC, I would hope it would say "ECI13 / OBC".

</nitpicking>

CAP_truth

Mine was ECI 7C back in the day.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member