Model Rocketry Program Test Questions

Started by NC Hokie, January 25, 2009, 11:09:17 PM

NC Hokie

I have two questions regarding testing for the model rocketry program that I'm hoping to find answers for here:

1) Are the tests open-book or closed-book?

2) Do the tests have to be corrected to 100%?

I have looked thru the Model Rocketry manual, CAPR 52-20 (CAP Model Rocketry Program), and CAPR 50-4 (Test Administration and Security) and have been unable to find a definitive answer to these questions.

Thanks!
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

RogueLeader

A couple of things, All tests are to be corrected to 100%, provided that they are passed.  This percentage is found in the front of the test booklet, as is wheither they are open- or closed-book.

Ask your unit Testing Officer to check for you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Oh, btw CAPR 50-4 only deals on how tests are to be secured, inventoried, destroyed and such.  The test or the master book for the test spells out the conditions for pass/fail, and all other questions about the test.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DC

I believe they are closed book...

They are only 10 questions each, and provided you have read the material thoroughly you shouldn't have any problem passing them. Better yet, if you have a squadron rocketry program, have the cadet staff or a knowledgable SM teach a class to the cadets on the material.

ascorbate

Quote from: NC Hokie on January 25, 2009, 11:09:17 PM
I have two questions regarding testing for the model rocketry program that I'm hoping to find answers for here:

2) Do the tests have to be corrected to 100%?

The Official Witness Log(s) for the Redstone, Titan and Saturn phases of the CAP Model Rocketry Guide (78 pages) notes "the minimum passing grade for this examination is 70%." I believe that implies that the three written tests are "closed-book" and that is how they were adminsitered in our squadron last Fall as part of our squadron model rocketry program. With that said, the tests should then be corrected to 100%.
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

ascorbate

Quote from: NC Hokie on January 25, 2009, 11:09:17 PM

Here is the answer I just got from an AE program manager at CAPNHQ:

"After reviewing the exam instructions inside the front cover of the test booklet, the [tests] are closed book."

Me thinks there should be mention of this under CAPR 50-20, Paragraph 3a.
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004