Insignia of CAP Coastal Patrol unit 6?

Started by SSIAJ, January 22, 2009, 11:24:17 PM

SSIAJ

Any one know of any insignia/patch that Coastal patrol unit 6 would have used?  Our squadron is on St. Simons Island. GA. and this would be historically important to us. Any help with this or a copy of Col. John H. Batten's History of CAP Coastal Patrol unit 6.   Andy

tarheel gumby

Try the National Museum of the CAP on line. The might have some images of CPB 6, as well as help you find the publication that you want. At least they may get you pointed in the right direction. Leave me a PM if I could be of any assistance.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

RogueLeader

Look up CAPHISTORIAN,  he's the Assistant  nat'l Historian.  He should be able to help, or give a better pointer.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

tarheel gumby

There Photos from the Hopper Collection that include CPB 6 and 16 on one page. Use the reference numbers to find out which photos are CPB 6 and which ones are CPB 16 in Manteo. Maj. Shaw is a good resource, he is also the SER historian. The monograph that you are looking for is number 7. Maj Shaw may be able to help you find a copy.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

alamrcn

<BUMP>

In the computer images that I have of some reproductions, there isn't a CPB 6 emblem.

But I'm trying to remember to look in the books that I have at home for this, and hopefully will report back!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

SSIAJ

I'm not having any sucess at all. It simply may not exist. Any information is apperciated.

James Shaw

Quote from: SSIAJ on January 27, 2009, 02:37:45 AM
I'm not having any sucess at all. It simply may not exist. Any information is apperciated.

I have some monographs but I am not sure if it is one of them. I wil have to dig a little. It may take me a few days.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)