Schedule Issue

Started by AvroArrow, December 17, 2008, 03:12:29 AM

AvroArrow

KSWG proves to be... itself again (but you never heard anything from this inexperienced Cadet  ::)  ;) )

I'm on the wing CAC, and our meetings have been during Commander's Call, mostly every month. During November's meeting, our CAC Chair told us the next meeting was Dec. 13th, this previous Saturday. I made sure to clear my activities for that day. The catch is that it'd be online and this method was approve by our Wing Commander. The plan was for everyone to send an email containing a way of IM contact (meebo.com would help combine us) to the chair who would gather a list and then forward it to everyone. Never happened.

I just received and email from the Vice Chair, and as it turns out, the CAC meeting (and Commander's Call) was rescheduled to the 20th two weeks ago (and CAC is just now getting this info) and, for the people on the KSWG '08 Winter Encampment staff, RST would be one hour after the CAC meeting. Sucks for me, because I'm on staff and CAC and I'm booked on the 20th with indoor soccer, soccer, and more soccer. How am I going to attend the CAC meeting and the required staff training while telling all my teammates "sorry, can't help y'all with the playoffs" ??  :-[

IceNine

I personally would skip the CAC meeting, talk to the activity commander and ask when the makeup RST is, and go play soccer.

There is only so much flexibility that you can required to provide.  It is in no way your fault for scheduling a life and someone at wing dropping the ball.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Gunner C

There's an old saying:

"Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Their bad planning is not your emergency.  Explain, adjust, drive on.  Your team mates are counting on you and you need to be there.  That's integrity.

Gunner

RickFranz

Quote from: AvroArrow on December 17, 2008, 03:12:29 AM
KSWG proves to be... itself again (but you never heard anything from this inexperienced Cadet  ::)  ;) )

I'm on the wing CAC, and our meetings have been during Commander's Call, mostly every month. During November's meeting, our CAC Chair told us the next meeting was Dec. 13th, this previous Saturday. I made sure to clear my activities for that day. The catch is that it'd be online and this method was approve by our Wing Commander. The plan was for everyone to send an email containing a way of IM contact (meebo.com would help combine us) to the chair who would gather a list and then forward it to everyone. Never happened.

I just received and email from the Vice Chair, and as it turns out, the CAC meeting (and Commander's Call) was rescheduled to the 20th two weeks ago (and CAC is just now getting this info) and, for the people on the KSWG '08 Winter Encampment staff, RST would be one hour after the CAC meeting. Sucks for me, because I'm on staff and CAC and I'm booked on the 20th with indoor soccer, soccer, and more soccer. How am I going to attend the CAC meeting and the required staff training while telling all my teammates "sorry, can't help y'all with the playoffs" ??  :-[

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but the Commander's Call have been scheduled for the 3rd weekend of the month for almost a year now.  We don't move the meeting around just to try and keep this kind of thing from happening.  We understand that folks due have a life out side of CAP.

Good luck on the soccer game and we will see you at encampment.

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Timbo

If the CAC meeting has been the 3rd weekend every month along with the Commanders Call....and then all of a sudden it is hosted on line on a different weekend and all you got was a "its like this next month" from the CAC chair, I would have asked the CAC adviser for clarification.  Like "why are we not meeting in person"? OR why this change after almost a whole year?  You need to question things in life that are changed from the ordinary......as it most likely is a mistake. 

Stonewall

Quote from: AvroArrow on December 17, 2008, 03:12:29 AM
I just received and email from the Vice Chair, and as it turns out, the CAC meeting (and Commander's Call) was rescheduled to the 20th two weeks ago (and CAC is just now getting this info) and, for the people on the KSWG '08 Winter Encampment staff, RST would be one hour after the CAC meeting.

If it makes you feel better, which it won't, in 1990 me and 4 other cadets headed down to Naval Training Center Orlando for the Florida Wing Special Activities Selection Board, a huge wing wide event that selected who goes to special activities...a Friday - Sunday event.

We arrive Friday evening per our written instructions.  A parent drove us 3 hours and was planning to stay at a hotel.  The Navy guy at the gate says "Civil Air Patrol, here again huh?"  We show up to the barracks building to check in and find a ghost town.  Through further investigation we learned they had been bumped up a week, yet no one notified us.  That was it, no chance of going to an NCSA that year and our parents were not very happy to say the least.
Serving since 1987.

CPT Anderson

Hey, get used to stuff like that.....hope you aren't planning on going into the military!   >:D  Hurry up and wait and if you get deployed.....you might not even know what country you are going to land in!!!   ::)
Capt Chelle L. Anderson, CAP
(CPT, US Army, RET)