Main Menu

Thinking of joining

Started by dautio, September 28, 2008, 03:20:31 AM

dautio

I was a 1st Lt. in the CAP in the mid 70's but dropped out because I was disappointed with the only squadron in that city. I now live in a larger city with several active squadrons (MSP/STP). I've also recently started fly again. I have a commercial license with instrument rating. My CFI is expired but I hope to have that renewed in the next 6 months. I have about 320 hours of flight time. What's the best way to go about getting more information about the local squadrons so I can find the one that may be the best fit for me??
Thanks Dave

JC004

Get on this page, grab the local list, and visit the units in your area.  Talk to the commanders, ask questions, and try to get a good feel for what the unit is like:

http://cap.findlocation.com/

LtCol057

Hope you find a squadron you like. I've been a member now for almost 20 years (1 as a cadet, rest as a senior) and if I didn't really believe in the programs, I wouldn't have spent all that money. It's like anything, it has its ups and downs. Try everything. Don't fall into the rut some of my members have gotten into. If they aren't flying, they don't want to do anything.  They're wasting their time and mine. They don't realize all the different things they're missing out on.

Pumbaa

Make sure before joining at a squadron you hang around some of their meets for a least a month before pulling the trigger there.  Make sure it is a fit both ways.