Main Menu

AFIADL 00013 Questions

Started by MIKE, January 16, 2006, 05:21:27 PM

MIKE

Would discussion of the content of the texts themselves and the URE/VRE self test questions be considered a test compromise?
Mike Johnston

shorning

Off the top of my noggin', I'd say no.  You're not disclosing the contents of actual tests and unlike the AF's WAPS testing, there is no prohibition against group study.

But I'd actally check with someone that has a clue...

arajca

Group study is permitted. Meaning two or more people who are enrolled in the course studying together. However, having someone who has completed the course and passed the test lead these sessions is not permitted because of the chance of compromising the test.

Personally, I think you'd get more out of group study because you're using multiple brains and interpretations instead of just one.

MIKE

I'm asking if I can ask a question here pertaining to the texts themselves and the URE/VRE... Like for clarification purposes. 
Mike Johnston

shorning

I don't see that as a compromise.  Even in a proctored test session you're permitted to ask questions for clarification.  Those of us that have taken the course aren't "teaching the test".   Of course it helps that it's changed several times since I took it...many, many moons ago...

MIKE

* BUMP *

Is it not a good idea to attach a copy of the AFIADL IMT 9 to the CAPF 24 for the CoP as supporting documents to send to ETP... instead of first sending said copy of the AFIADL IMT 9 to LMMR per instructions on this page, and waiting for it to be recorded before sending the CAPF 24?
Mike Johnston

Camas

I'm not so sure that sending a copy of the ECI Form 9 is necessary.  According to CAPR 50-4 Para 2-8 the card is simply retained by the student.  If the AFIADL course hasn't been posted onto the Professional Development Report then the student would have to send a copy of that form along with a CAPF 24 for credit for completion of Level II.  That's been my experience; perhap some one with more expertise that I might be able to come up with a better answer.

arajca

When you complete AFIADL 00013, AFIADL lets CAP NHQ know themselves. At least they did for me.

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on February 22, 2006, 01:40:26 AM
When you complete AFIADL 00013, AFIADL lets CAP NHQ know themselves. At least they did for me.

ECI does tell NHQ, but it seems to take a while sometimes.  The wait can be a bit long if you're close to completing your COP and you finish your last requirement, ECI 13, but you've got to wait 6 months for the test to show in E-Services.  I had that issue when I completed my COP, and I simply asked for my postcard score and that nifty Air University "diploma" to be attached to my CAPF 24 as "supporting documentation."

Keep copies, naturally, of everything.   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Is a copy of the AFIADL IMT 9 sufficient supporting documentation to include with the CAPF 24?  Or should I also include a copy of the diploma thingy.... My units CDS/Professional Development Officer has already filled out a CAPF 24 for me and had me send her a copy of my IMT 9 so she can take it to wing tomorrow.
Mike Johnston

MIKE

Quote from: Camas on February 22, 2006, 01:16:21 AM
I'm not so sure that sending a copy of the ECI Form 9 is necessary.  According to CAPR 50-4 Para 2-8 the card is simply retained by the student.

I got the information from this site:

Quote from: AFIADL -  CAP Student PageHow to Record Course Completion
1.  AFIADL will send the student a postcard, AFIADL Form 9, documenting course completion.

2.  The student presents the Form 9 to the unit test control officer, who updates the student's CAPF 66 "Cadet Master Record" or CAPF 45b "Senior Member Professional Development Record."

3.  The student sends a copy of their Form 9 to the address, fax, or email below, so National Headquarters may update the member's record in the CAP national database:
Mike Johnston

Camas

That AFIADL student page looks like it might be more current that the CAPR 50-4.  You could probably go either way but yes, it might be a good idea to send a copy of the ECI Form 9 when the CAPF 24 is submitted.  It certainly can't hurt.  Looks to me we've got a bit of a discrepancy in dealing with ECI Form 9 instructions.  The diploma isn't needed; just a copy of the ECI Form 9.

SarDragon

It's been a couple of years since I finished my AFIADL 13, but the results went directly from AFIADL to NHQ, and took less than 2 weeks. I did nothing with my little card except stick it in my record.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Camas

Quote from: SarDragon on February 22, 2006, 05:38:13 AM
It's been a couple of years since I finished my AFIADL 13, but the results went directly from AFIADL to NHQ, and took less than 2 weeks. I did nothing with my little card except stick it in my record.

Sir, that was my experience as well.

BlueLakes1

I got my certificate about 2 days after I got my card from AFIADL. Being the impatient guy that I am, I scanned the certificate into a JPEG and attached it to the electronic CAPF24. Next day, voila, my COP and 013 course were added to my profile.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

MIKE

Well... As of this morning ECI (AFIADL) 13 is showing up on e-Services.  Still a 1st Lt though.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on March 06, 2006, 04:15:59 PM
Well... As of this morning ECI (AFIADL) 13 is showing up on e-Services.  Still a 1st Lt though.

If that's all you needed, have your CC submit a promotion through E-services and voila...

dwb

Quote from: tedda on March 06, 2006, 06:45:16 PMIf that's all you needed, have your CC submit a promotion through E-services and voila...

...a 10% pay increase!  ;D

MIKE

Quote from: justin_bailey on March 06, 2006, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: tedda on March 06, 2006, 06:45:16 PMIf that's all you needed, have your CC submit a promotion through E-services and voila...

...a 10% pay increase!  ;D

My CDS took the CAPF 24 w/AFIADL IMT 9 attached and a CAPF 2 to wing two weeks ago... As far as I know everything was then forwarded to NHQ.

As I understand it... Pay grade just adds zeros after the decimal point. 0-1 draws $0.000, 0-2 $0.0000... So as a Capt I'll be getting $0.00000;D
Mike Johnston

PWK-GT

Quote from: MIKE on March 06, 2006, 04:15:59 PM
As someone who decided to jump into the ECI-13 a little early (and I'm just starting Volume 4), I was wondering if there were any areas that I need to REALLY focus on? And how many questions are on the final test? What percentage is passing?
Thanks for the info........
"Is it Friday yet"

MIKE

The URE/VRE are your friends. Minimum passing score is 65.  Outstanding score of 90 or above.  I got a 95.
Mike Johnston

PWK-GT

I looked at the URE/VRE, but wasn't sure if there were any surprises. Nothing says it has to be spread out into all areas covered, I thought maybe there was a heavily-emphasised Volume.
Thanks for the percentages!
"Is it Friday yet"

MIKE

Quote from: RvrPk01 on March 07, 2006, 06:11:27 AM
I looked at the URE/VRE, but wasn't sure if there were any surprises. Nothing says it has to be spread out into all areas covered, I thought maybe there was a heavily-emphasised Volume.

I don't think this is something we should discuss, since it is dealing with the content of the CE.
Mike Johnston

PWK-GT

Understood, perhaps that was a bad choice of wording. I was just looking to hear a few people 'talk it up' about their experiences with the course.
Thanks for the info.
"Is it Friday yet"

arajca

In general, if you can answer the vre/ure's, you'll do fine on the CE. This applies to all the AFIADL/CAP courses I've taken so far.

PWK-GT

Quote from: arajca on March 08, 2006, 04:16:53 AM
In general, if you can answer the vre/ure's, you'll do fine on the CE. This applies to all the AFIADL/CAP courses I've taken so far.
Great! As this is the first AFIADL course I've enrolled in, I wasn't sure what to expect. Thanks for all the info, gang!
"Is it Friday yet"

dws

I finished ACSC a while back. I just faxed my AFIADL IMT 9 (the course completion postcard) to NHQ along with a bunch of other AFIADL IMT 9's (for Observer, Scanner, MWD, etc).

The next day I got a phone call from a nice lady at NHQ saying that they only (as of now) record AFIADL PME (ECI13, SOS, ACSC, AWC) since they are requirements or substitutes for CAP PME, but they do not record the other courses yet.

She said they have no direct feed from AFIADL, and only get the info from CAP members. In the past, they have added my PMEs to the database only when the completion certificates are sent in as part of a CAP Level I, II III etc approval.

Now, I'd be a happy camper if my Wilson were ever approved...
Daniel W. Stouch, Lt Col., CAP

Camas

Sir, my experience (which isn't much) is that the Wing Director of Operations and/or the wing ES officer might be getting this information from AU (Air University) directly in relation to courses such as mission scanner, ES and the like.  You might check with them though I could be wrong.