Free AAFES uniforms

Started by afgeo4, August 02, 2008, 02:10:30 AM

afgeo4

I am in the process of ordering the free service uniform from AAFES for our first female cadet and am stumped. On the order site there is no choice of female sizes (although there's a female size chart), no choice of blouse (tuck-in or overblouse) and no choice of skirt or pants.

How do I place the order correctly?

I would also like to state that the last time I ordered for one of my male cadets, he received a female blouse size 16 rather than a male shirt neck size 16 that was ordered.

Has this been a problem for anyone else?
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Not sure how you're ordering it from AAFES.  But E-Services has the Cadet Uniforms module with which you can request a FCU through CAP (which, yes, ultimately comes from an MCSS).  You need do have additional permissions set by your WSA to request uniforms on behalf of cadets - I got the request module because we in-process our new cadets in groups (pipeline), measure them ourselves, and request their FCUs for them.   Just because "Cadet Uniforms" appears in your restricted apps (right column) doesn't mean that you have the request function enabled for you.

The cadet can request it for themselves by logging into their E-services account, as well.  There are drop down menus for sizes, etc.  The female and male items are separated on the form - fill out only one or the other.

Also, as for the cadet who received a female blouse, there is a return procedure to return FCUs to exchange for other sizes, etc.  I would follow that path to obtain the cadet a proper male shirt.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

IceNine

IIRC- the system should register the difference between Male and female, you simply need to input the sizes, the female blouse was most likely human error just return it
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Dad2-4

Twice I've run into the wrong choices of uniform items showing up for a cadet, then finally realized the gender was listed incorrectly. Male or female uniform choices will automatically show based on the cadets gender. A male cadet named Courtney had been entered as a female, and a cadet named Anh accidentally checked "male" on her application.  :P
Then I have one cadet who's uniform was ordered in February that still hasn't come in, even after calling Lackland with the order number.  >:(

mikeylikey

^ Attention to detail.  Don't select skirts for a male cadet  ;)
What's up monkeys?

afgeo4

I do use the module. As DCC I have access to it and its approvals. If there's an error in the sent uniform item, who do I call? Lackland AFB MCSS? What is the procedure to return FCUs?
GEORGE LURYE

mikeylikey

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 03, 2008, 03:19:16 AM
I do use the module. As DCC I have access to it and its approvals. If there's an error in the sent uniform item, who do I call? Lackland AFB MCSS? What is the procedure to return FCUs?

Printed on the enclosed packing slip. 
What's up monkeys?

LtCol Hooligan

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 03, 2008, 03:19:16 AM

Visit this site:  http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5354

I actually have a welcome e-mail using much of this information that I send to all new cadets and their parents.  This site is actually really good and helps a lot.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us