New CAPMart problems???

Started by capchiro, January 05, 2006, 11:53:46 PM

Pylon

Quote from: BillB on January 12, 2006, 01:29:47 PM
I just called Vangard for prices.  Nice try but no answers. Looked for Mess Dress shoulder boards.  all they could find was a stock number, no price. And they didn't know if they mounted mess dress medals.

Oh, nice.  Smooth transition, CAPMart.  Real smooth.   ::)

QuoteThey said the CAP page on their web site should be up by March or April.

Awesome.  I can see everyone was really prepared for this changover.  A lot of planning and forethought must have went into this.

I can see all of that planning right now:

One of the Vanguard executives comes into his office one morning.  A couple of guys in some strange blue uniform are in his office screaming at the top of their lungs, "Take it!  Take the whole operation!  Gaaah!"

The Executive says:  Uh... ooohkay.  But only if we can keep all your royalties and pad prices an extra 5%.  When do we start?

The CAP staffers, with more of a sigh of relief, resoundingly say:  End of this week! 

:D ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BillB

Where does that 5% come from.  From what I see the difference is over 33% On the reverse flag for BDU's and jackets Vanguard charges $3.00. The Hock charges $1.40 (on sale regular price $1.65). Vanguard charges $7.00 shipping for one pound (their lowest shipping price for ground service)The Hock charges $4.  And Vanguard still hasn't called with the price on mess dress shoulder boards.
It does seem like there was no planning on the changeover from CAPMart.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

I wouldn't jump on Vanguard about one specific product - I got flags from 1800nametapes.com for $1.00 each, so at that even the Hock is expensive.

I have no inside info here, but based on CAP's past performance, likely they were
told "we're discussing it, we're discussing it", then a the 11th hour - perhaps when the word got out publicly via a CAWG posting, they pulled the trigger with little notice to the new guys.

I would also guess that stocking at CAPMart was not exactly mil-spec in.

Strangely, I received some ES vests, on back-order since August, in mid-Deember after
expecting to never see them in my lifetime.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I just got off the phone with Vanguard in San Diego, after talking with the Sales Manager. Here's what I got:

Merchandise will be carried at the Norfolk, VA location, so if you have called San Diego, they might not have been as well informed. NORVA # - (800) 221-1264, ask for the CAP department

He thinks that they will be carrying about 80 - 85% of the old inventory items, but didn't know exactly which items were being dropped. The VA people will know better.

Prices should remain the same for the short term. Some may change depending on volume of demand. They are going to try to maintain the same catalog numbers and descriptions as the old CAPMart catalog, so if you need to order something, give them that information.

Shipping will generally be through UPS or FEDEX, and currently has a $7 minimum.

Turnaround time on orders is usually three days or less, from order in to shipping out.

The web site change is in work and is supposed to be done in the next two weeks. I will keep you posted as I get word.

I suggest we go easy on the complaints for a while, until they get the operation fully functional. It seems like all that many of you look at is the negative side of things, and not any of the reasoning behind the way things happen. Remember - "You can win people to your side more easily by gentle persuasion and flattery than by hostile confrontation." Pissing these folks off at the outset with a bunch of "Why can't you [insert complaint]?" questions is not the best way to start a business relationship.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

md132

I took a chance with Vanguard and placed an order.  It took 5 days after I placed to order to be processed and took 2 days to get from VA to MD.  Shipping time wasn't too bad but the processing time was.  Also I had an item on backorder that they did not tell me, even though they didnot charge that item to my card, I would have like to have known that the item was on backorder.  Some items was a little cheaper than Hock shop.  Proccessing time was just as bad as CAPMart.

JAFO78

I would care to guess the best for everyone is to use The Hock Shop.
I am sure Tom as been swamped with business since CAP switched to Vanguard.
I know from being on The Hock Shop web site, Tom is a little behind But, I think he has a real loyal clientele.

My hat is off to Tom Owner of The Hock Shop. :clap:
JAFO

Xeno

Ok.
Placed an order on 2/1/06. It has been 10 days and I'm still waiting for order confirmation. Spoke with a Vanguard Rep around four days ago and hoped that would settle things, but no... My order is still listed as pending and awaiting confirmation, nothing has been charged to card at least (WHY! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME PAY YOU!).

Now as for prices, They weren't actually that bad, I didn't notice much of a difference compared to CAPMART as far as nametapes, rank insignia (metal and cloth), and ribbons/ribbon holders are concerned.

I had a fairly large order but hopefully nothing will be backordered.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...