Main Menu

CAP/Hap Arnold image

Started by ♠SARKID♠, June 24, 2008, 02:24:36 AM

♠SARKID♠

Can anybody provide a large, detailed image of the Hap Arnold/CAP Seal symbol?  The one in CAPR 900-2 is nowhere near high enough quality for my needs.  I know there was a webpage that had all of the symbols for download but I can't find it for the life of me.

♠SARKID♠

Thats the CAP shield with Arnold, I need the seal.

Like this, but in the proper proportions as specified in 900-2.  Also, in high enough quality to be blown up to a large size and retain outstanding quality.

MIKE

Actually... technically CAPR 900-2 is wrong per USAF specifications for use of the symbol as shown above.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on June 24, 2008, 02:51:28 AM
Actually... technically CAPR 900-2 is wrong per USAF specifications for use of the symbol as shown above.

Yep.  See http://www.af.mil/library/symbol/displaying.asp  "Cradling Criteria"

The AF's guidelines would supersede any CAP guidelines, since it's an AF symbol and the AF controls the usage of it.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: MIKE on June 24, 2008, 02:51:28 AM

I know, thats why I'm not using it and asking for a proper one.

afgeo4

Also, these aren't the Hap Arnold wings. The Hap Arnold wings are the ones used as the old USAF symbol (look on your service coat buttons for reference).

The new USAF symbol was influenced by the Hap Arnold one, but it certainly isn't the same.
GEORGE LURYE

♠SARKID♠

After seeing the Pylon's link for the cradling criteria, I had the info I needed to go ahead and make my own symbol.

http://resdon111.googlepages.com/symbol.gif

Eclipse

Very nice, and the colors are right as well.

I'm so tired of seeing pixelated graphics with incorrect aspect ratios and bad colors.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Still think the one with the MAJCOM is better.
Mike Johnston