Main Menu

Meeting Facilities

Started by Shotgun, May 22, 2008, 07:16:11 PM

PhoenixRisen

My current squadron meets out of an Air National Guard Station.  No fees, large meeting space, plus access to a classroom, huge outdoor drill space (and PT area) and our own outdoor Conex box for storage (courtesy of the CANG).

My new squadron I'm establishing is already set with space, as it's a school program squadron, permanantly attached to my host high school (link).  We have a large open football field for PT, numerous classrooms for any type of instruction as well as an office for administration and a large, brandnew state-of-the-art theater.

Eclipse

Look for office parks in the area with "for lease" signs, odds are they have unused space they may be inclined to let you use (don't infer any tax breaks, as they are not allowed in that situation).

You might also look around for houses for rent, and check with your local real estate agents - they'll know where the long-vacant buildings and offices are.

Sometimes having >anyone< occupying the space is better than an empty building.

Those of you in states who have Guard units that don't charge for their space should consider themselves blessed, thanks to the "...rob Peter to pay Paul.." fiscal policy of our state's Guv'na, our Guard units charge the CAP units to use them, and not a little, and they don't get any dedicated space.   >:(

"That Others May Zoom"

Duke Dillio

^You need a guv'na who can tehminate that deal.  He should cancel that whole issue with extreme prejudice.  I'll be bahk...