Main Menu

PAWG back in action

Started by FW, May 11, 2008, 05:51:21 PM

FW

Just heard the good news:  The wing has complied with all requirements to lift their grounding.  PAWG will be fully operational as of midnight tonight. :clap:

I wish them continued success and hope they continue to improve in all they do.

mikeylikey

Lets talk about what we lost......

Can not send a Color guard team to compete, because it is too late

Weeks of training that now needs to be caught up on.

Squadrons not allowed to do their weekend Training exercises

SLS classes canceled.

OH BUT WAIT.......the support for the Air Show in Pittsburgh was always ON.  WTF??  How can you ground the wing, cancel activities but allow a HUGE activity like that proceed.  I just read the email that stated if the Wing said no to the western Squadrons participating in the airshow, the members were to still show up and just remove the BDU blouse and all was too be good.  "Do not sign in" and you are not really here working for CAP.  They are [darn] lucky no Cadets were injured yesterday before the operational ban was lifted today, because I would tell the parents to get a lawyer and sue as many people involved.

Even with everything shutdown, there were still activities going on (for those that are in the old boys club of the wing).  Makes me sick!

This whole thing was ridiculous and I still believe the Wing Commander and his Staff should be relieved. 

What's up monkeys?

Tubacap

Quote from: FW on May 11, 2008, 05:51:21 PM
Just heard the good news:  The wing has complied with all requirements to lift their grounding.  PAWG will be fully operational as of midnight tonight. :clap:

I wish them continued success and hope they continue to improve in all they do.

Thanks for the info Sir!!!  :D  It'll be nice to be back in business.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

notaNCO forever

I hope the Air Force keeps an I on PA wing to make sure they keep things in order. They should be shown they can not get away with whatever they want.

RiverAux

Quote from: NCO forever on May 11, 2008, 09:18:11 PM
I hope the Air Force keeps an I on PA wing to make sure they keep things in order. They should be shown they can not get away with whatever they want.
You know, I don't think the other PA Wing shutdown thread ever mentioned the role of CAP-USAF in not catching something like this sooner.  Aren't they supposed to be watching for these sorts of things, especially safety things, all the time and not just during the biennial inspection?

DG

Congratulations to COL Mark Lee for a great job of leadership and action under difficult circumstances.

Congratulations to all those who supported and continue to support COL Lee in this important effort.

This is a hugely complex activity our Wing CC has been called upon to perform, and he has shown enormous energy and ability, with leadership and sacrifice of time, working mainly with other volunteers, to perform these complex and important tasks.  Truly an heroic effort.

And it is a journey, not a destination.  We need to continue to do our best and all we can to support and help where we can.

Performing Missions for America.

Semper Vi.

Congratulations COL Mark Lee.  Thank you for the great work.

DADx11

:clap:  :clap: Well, its about time. I was just about ready to list my gear on ebay ...
2d Lt, ESO
Grand Canyon Composite Squandron
Wellsboro, Tioga County, PA

Father to 2 cadets and 9 potential (future) ones

mikeylikey

Quote from: DG on May 11, 2008, 10:31:07 PM
Congratulations to COL Mark Lee for a great job of leadership and action under difficult circumstances.

Congratulations to all those who supported and continue to support COL Lee in this important effort.

This is a hugely complex activity our Wing CC has been called upon to perform, and he has shown enormous energy and ability, with leadership and sacrifice of time, working mainly with other volunteers, to perform these complex and important tasks.  Truly an heroic effort.

And it is a journey, not a destination.  We need to continue to do our best and all we can to support and help where we can.

Performing Missions for America.

Semper Vi.

Congratulations COL Mark Lee.  Thank you for the great work.

I am guessing you love the work of Mark Lee??  He is not that great, and is one, if not the main reason we got shut down!
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

*Ahem*  Let's keep the criticism of individuals to a minimum.  Thanks. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

PAWG SUCKS.......I can't wait to go to Afghanistan.   

As far as keeping criticism to a minimum......DW can praise the guy, but I cant criticise him.  That seems not fair.   :'( 
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

OH BUT WAIT.......the support for the Air Show in Pittsburgh was always ON.  WTF??  How can you ground the wing, cancel activities but allow a HUGE activity like that proceed.  I just read the email that stated if the Wing said no to the western Squadrons participating in the airshow, the members were to still show up and just remove the BDU blouse and all was too be good.  "Do not sign in" and you are not really here working for CAP.  They are [darn] lucky no Cadets were injured yesterday before the operational ban was lifted today, because I would tell the parents to get a lawyer and sue as many people involved.

An open violation of the shut down?   Shut them down again.....Some People will never learn.....

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 12, 2008, 04:08:19 AM

An open violation of the shut down?   Shut them down again.....Some People will never learn.....

Second
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

W3ZR

C'mon people, hearsay from one obviously disgruntled member, and
everyone is on the "shut them down again" bandwagon  ?

First lets see some facts, and proof why some possible rebels in
Pittsburgh possibly ignoring an shut down order is worthy of
delaying search and rescue operations for the entire state.

Robert Montgomery, soon to be former Captain, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: K3BM on May 12, 2008, 07:36:29 AM

Im in favor of learning the truth. But if true, I say "Shut em down again, and nail the ringleaders hide to the Wing HQ Flagpole"
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on May 12, 2008, 08:01:08 AM
Quote from: K3BM on May 12, 2008, 07:36:29 AM

Im in favor of learning the truth. But if true, I say "Shut em down again, and nail the ringleaders hide to the Wing HQ Flagpole"

As the starter of the "Shut them Down again" Montra, I will also say that truth does need to be known. 

What say you PAWG?  Anyone wish to tell us what heppened?

Tubacap

Speaking for my neck of the woods, everything was cancelled except for weekly meetings.  That meant all weekend activities, and it was enforced.
NER-PA-001

CadetProgramGuy

But did PAWG CAP support the airshow, either by signing in

- or -

by 'showing up' removing part of the uniform and calling it good?

W3ZR

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 12, 2008, 11:08:17 AM
But did PAWG CAP support the airshow, either by signing in

- or -

by 'showing up' removing part of the uniform and calling it good?

If it did, someone will have pictures, if they did , hang
THEM, not those of us who know how to follow orders.
Robert Montgomery, soon to be former Captain, CAP

Tubacap

NER-PA-001

isuhawkeye

Cap Talk's lynch mob is at it again