Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Please Don't Nuke Your Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print
Author Topic: Please Don't Nuke Your Posts  (Read 20034 times)
Nathan
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »

Nah, nor grandson. I asked a long time ago, and he denied close relationship.

At least that I know about. :)
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.
cust0s
Banned

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »

Hah!  This thread is awesome.  I mean some people have issues with posts, others don't seem to care.  When it comes down to it, if someone really wanted their posts deleted after disassociating with CT, well yea it would be amicable to just allow for it.  Remember folks, there's a surplus of lawyers.  If you ever really do need one, just hire one!  If a simple cease and desist letter doesn't work, then go for an injunction.  Once you start talking real damages, well, that's usually when people act.  Unless you settle, it really doesn't matter how many lawyers are in the room nor how long they've been holding a bar card, because only one side usually wins.  Again, if you ever find yourself in a bind, make an appointment with your nearest lawyer. End of story.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:05:38 PM by cust0s » Logged
Captain, CAP
Deputy Commander, et al.
--
Ph.D. Student (Criminology), LAW, M.A., CERT., B.A.
AFROTC, Cadet (2001-2004)
--
The post above and beneath this one is a lie.
DakRadz

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »

I don't see anywhere on here referring to folks who want to "disassociate with CT", rather seems to be about active posters who try to hide dirty laundry, or even just confuse an entire thread (even accidentally). [And yes, I did go through the thread and reread all previous posts]

Heck, Eclipse did something similar just this past week and didn't seem too upset when MIKE put it back (caused confusion in the thread, replaced for continuity).

Of course, if I were a betting man, I'd put money that the mods would, if a poster actually got a lawyer involved, give them a complete package- delete all posts, delete profile, IP ban, and a nice email saying "Nice havin' ya, bye :) "

Remember, I am not a moderator and cannot speak for them or their actions, and cannot say what they would actually do. But seriously, anyone who got a lawyer involved for a forum such as this.... Yeah.
(BTW- way to stir the pot!)
P.S. II- I love that Nathan's signature is directly above the post above this one.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:03:48 AM by DakRadz » Logged
cust0s
Banned

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »

I don't see anywhere on here referring to folks who want to "disassociate with CT", rather seems to be about active posters who try to hide dirty laundry, or even just confuse an entire thread (even accidentally). [And yes, I did go through the thread and reread all previous posts]

Heck, Eclipse did something similar just this past week and didn't seem too upset when MIKE put it back (caused confusion in the thread, replaced for continuity).

Of course, if I were a betting man, I'd put money that the mods would, if a poster actually got a lawyer involved, give them a complete package- delete all posts, delete profile, IP ban, and a nice email saying "Nice havin' ya, bye :) "

Remember, I am not a moderator and cannot speak for them or their actions, and cannot say what they would actually do. But seriously, anyone who got a lawyer involved for a forum such as this.... Yeah.
(BTW- way to stir the pot!)
P.S. II- I love that Nathan's signature is directly above the post above this one.

Stir the pot?  Nah.  Just making a point.  No one explicitly said "disassociate" but if people are wishing to delete their accounts it seems implied they are wishing to delete their posts as well.  I could not imagine what they had said to warrant such a request, but from what I can tell it feels as though they might be met with a difficult time according to previous posts.  If that ends up being the case, instead of everyone playing "armchair lawyer" or speaking to friends, they then ought to see the nearest real one.  That's all I was saying, no pot stirring....
Captain, CAP
Deputy Commander, et al.
--
Ph.D. Student (Criminology), LAW, M.A., CERT., B.A.
AFROTC, Cadet (2001-2004)
--
The post above and beneath this one is a lie.
Nathan

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 11:30:20 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that... but it appears we don't have to worry about this horrible mind-bending paradox happening anymore. :)
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Please Don't Nuke Your Posts