Leadership Ribbon

Started by CAPLAW, March 08, 2008, 05:33:52 PM

CAPLAW

I just got my cadet programs master rating, on the leadership ribbon do I  place a silver star on it and do I put a bronze star on it as well for my PD  senior rating?

Thanks

pixelwonk

If that's all you have, then yes.
And it would look like this:

CAPLAW

Thanks Tedda for the info.

CAPLAW :)

MIKE

IMO, this is one of those things requiring clarification.

Quote from: CAPR 39-3b. Leadership Award. Successfully complete
technician rating in a training specialty.
(1) Bronze Star Attachment - Successfully
complete senior rating in a training specialty.
(2) Silver Star Attachment - Successfully
complete master rating in a training specialty. A
maximum of three silver star attachments may be worn
in recognition of each master rating earned.

Doesn't really address multiple stars other than for master ratings.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Major Carrales

Oooo...dissension among the moderators.  >:D

I think I should have a Senior rating in Public affairs (of which I wear the necessary badge) and two other tech ratings of which I have never officially put in for meaning I meet all the criteria at one time or another (being in Professional Development Officer and Cadet Programs)

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: MIKE on March 08, 2008, 08:53:42 PM
IMO, this is one of those things requiring clarification.

Quote from: CAPR 39-3b. Leadership Award. Successfully complete
technician rating in a training specialty.
(1) Bronze Star Attachment - Successfully
complete senior rating in a training specialty.
(2) Silver Star Attachment - Successfully
complete master rating in a training specialty. A
maximum of three silver star attachments may be worn
in recognition of each master rating earned.

Doesn't really address multiple stars other than for master ratings.

I just woke up (yay for naps) so maybe my spidi-scene is off but something in the wording there just doesn't seem right: A maximum of three silver star attachments may be worn in recognition of each master rating earned. So I can wear three silver stars for each master rating? Yea I know thats not what it means, just poor wording.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

Pylon

My Group Commander insists you can't earn multiple clasps at all.  Once you get a senior rating, you can wear a bronze star.  Once you get any master, you can switch it out for a silver star.  He argues since you can only earn the ribbon once for a tech rating, this supports his viewpoint.

I don't agree, but the regs I guess don't spell it out clear enough for everyone.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

afgeo4

Technically, your CC is correct.

When you earn your first tech rating, you earn your basic award ribbon. When you earn subsequent tech ratings you don't earn additional awards.

With the senior rating, your basic award is upgraded with the bronze star and then upgraded to silver star when you earn your master rating.

However, where do additional stars come in? You have to be wearing an additional tech rating to upgrade it to an additional star.

It doesn't make sense to wear stars denoting multiple senior and master ratings and not wear anything denoting additional tech ratings.

However, the regulation has apparently thrown all logic out the window and allows for extra senior/master ratings, but not technician's rating.

My opinion is that only the highest rating should be denoted on the ribbon (and only once), so that if you have a master rating in something, you wear ONE silver star on the ribbon and that's all. Master ratings are required to achieve levels of PD. Multiple master ratings aren't. No need to wear multiple awards.
GEORGE LURYE