Do you have a Love me Wall?

Started by James Shaw, March 08, 2008, 03:52:54 PM

Do you have a love me wall or room in your home?

Yes I have a love me wall.
35 (48.6%)
No I do not have a love me wall.
37 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

James Shaw

I am curious to know how many of us have love me walls or rooms in their homes or their office for RM, CAP or any other service oriented work. This would apply to Fire Fighters, EMS, USCG, Boy Scouts. Post a photo if you have it.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Major Carrales

Not an official one, I do have my diplomas (High Shcool & University) and a few CAP Certiticates on the wall.  However, that is all.  At school, as a form of protests, I am papering the certiticates of workshops I am sent into (reactionary) to show how many of the places and events they send me to are in direct contradiction to the previous ones.

Everyone has a "magic pill" to sell, and lots of people are buying them.  Even if they cancel out one anothers.  Let's not let that happen in CAP.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

I have a love me folder.  At work, I hung my university diploma, only because the school I went to is a huge rival of the school I currently work at  >:D
Is that bad?  I think so!
What's up monkeys?

jeders

No love me wall, box, drawer, folder. I don't even have my college diploma hanging up, actually I don't even know where it is anymore because it was at my parents house and they moved recently. I do keep any certificates I get in various folders, but that's about it.

That's not to say that I don't care about all those little do-dads that I get, I just haven't gotten around to hanging any of them up.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Gunner C

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2008, 05:17:02 PM
I have a love me folder.  At work, I hung my university diploma, only because the school I went to is a huge rival of the school I currently work at  >:D
Is that bad?  I think so!

Love it!

bosshawk

I don't really have a wall or room dedicated to that stuff, but I do have various items on walls around the house.  University diplomas, retirement certificate from the military and a few Mohawk artifacts are about it.  No CAP certificates, no military decorations, not even my retirement medal from CIA.  Those reside in appropriate folders somewhere in my mess of files.

Even keep my ribbon rack somewhere in the mess: am not sure where and it is probably out of date by now.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

mikeylikey

Quote from: bosshawk on March 08, 2008, 06:52:06 PM
......not even my retirement medal from CIA. 

Is it true that no one really retires from the CIA?   ;)
What's up monkeys?

dwb

I used to, in my old apartment, but I haven't gotten around to it yet in my house (only been living here four years!)

We're doing an overhaul of our family room this year, to make part of it into a guest room.  Maybe I'll finally get around to hanging up all my CAP stuff again.

jb512

I can't post a picture of mine here.  My Hooter's calendar is right in the middle of it.

;D

RiverAux

I've got a few diplomas and certificates on my office walls at my real job.  Have 1 CAP plaque on the wall at home and another sitting on my fireplace mantle.  Too lazy to frame all my CAP certificates of various kinds.  They've actually all been shoved in the big carboard mailer that CAP sent my Mitchell Award to me in back in the late 1980s. 

bosshawk

Mikeylikey: if I answered that question, I would have to kill you (hah).

Seriously, yes folks do actually retire from the Agency.  I haven't set foot in any Agency building in probably 10 years, although I worked as a contractor for various companies over a 12 year period who did business with the Intel Community.  For the last five years, no contact at all. Do the arithmetic, I have been retired almost 17 years.  Hard to stay in contact when you live up in the Sierra foothills, a million miles from anywhere.  It was a great organization to work for and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ColonelJack

Not only do I have one, I'll show it to you:

The first photo is the main part of the "Me" wall, with all my military bling, awards, photos, my first royalty check and my first paycheck as an actor, and an old-timey photo of me duded up as Bat Masterson ...

The second photo just shows another angle of a wall, with a photo of me during observer training dominating it.  (There's also a repro of an autographed Bat Masterson picture and the covers of my two novels.)

Sorry to bore you all with that ... but you did ask ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

BigMojo

I don't have a "love me" wall...but I do have a wall in my guest room with my Grandfather's Army Air Corp uniform and decorations, and my Great Grandfather's Navy Uniform.

This shows them on the wall...on the far left is a photo of my great-grandpa in uniform, and since this was taken I added a photo of my Grandpa in his below the decorations.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

James Shaw

1) My honorable discharge certificates from the Navy and the Georgia Army National Guard, my bootcamp photo from Orlando Florida in 1987 with a yellow banner given to me by a lady when I came back from desert Storm.

2)My 2nd Degree Black Belt Certificate, Former Deputy Sheriff Badge, Former EMT Badge, National Honor Society Medal and Medal of Patriotism from American Police Hall of Fame.

3)My wife had my Silver Medal of Valor custom matted and framed with a picture of my receiving it and the full size medal. My plaque for the 2007 National Historian of the Year.

4) Many of my CAP certificates and all of my awards and decorations in one case (also courtesy of my wife).
Jim Shaw

Gunner C

You guys have some darned impressive stuff!

GC

♠SARKID♠

Its small, but its me.  Wright Brothers and VFW Non-Com of the Year on the bottom.  Flag case was given to me by a NatGuard soldier my mom works with.  Flag was flown in an F-16 during Operation Iraqi Freedom.  Top is my HS diploma and my mom's HS letter, with the VFW medal to the right.  I'll have more on there later once rummage sale season starts again and I can find some plain picture frames.  Still need to find a frame big enough for the CC/comendation.

James Shaw

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 09, 2008, 05:44:06 AM
Its small, but its me.  Wright Brothers and VFW Non-Com of the Year on the bottom.  Flag case was given to me by a NatGuard soldier my mom works with.  Flag was flown in an F-16 during Operation Iraqi Freedom.  Top is my HS diploma and my mom's HS letter, with the VFW medal to the right.  I'll have more on there later once rummage sale season starts again and I can find some plain picture frames.  Still need to find a frame big enough for the CC/comendation.

Michaels Craft stores has a great deal on 11 X 14 frames. They are usually 2 for $6.00 when they go on sale. I have most of my CAP certificates in them. My wife spent about $100 for the SMV custom framing so I wouldnt suggest that.
Jim Shaw

ColonelJack

Quote from: caphistorian on March 09, 2008, 01:11:44 PM
My wife spent about $100 for the SMV custom framing so I wouldnt suggest that.

But it was worth it.  Great job on the rarest of CAP decorations.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Major Carrales

Quote from: caphistorian on March 09, 2008, 04:00:47 AM
4) Many of my CAP certificates and all of my awards and decorations in one case (also courtesy of my wife).

Sir,

I am greatly impressed by the pride you show in your CAP service.  In this world where more and more people downplay service in CAP even to the point of self-loathing your display of you CAP pride has given me hope that there are still those that value their service to CAP.

Thank you.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

James Shaw

Quote from: ColonelJack on March 09, 2008, 03:58:32 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on March 09, 2008, 01:11:44 PM
My wife spent about $100 for the SMV custom framing so I wouldnt suggest that.

But it was worth it.  Great job on the rarest of CAP decorations.

Jack

Thank you for the compliment. My wife surprised me with the custom work. She took the certificate and medal from my office and I didnt realize it was gone until the day of my 40th birthday. The framing was my birthday present. Great lady!!!

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 09, 2008, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on March 09, 2008, 04:00:47 AM

Sir,

I am greatly impressed by the pride you show in your CAP service.  In this world where more and more people downplay service in CAP even to the point of self-loathing your display of you CAP pride has given me hope that there are still those that value their service to CAP.

Thank you.

Thanks for the comment. I am VERY proud of my CAP service and anyone that knows me, knows that I have the HIGHEST REGARD AND ADMIRATION for anyone who volunteers. I am truly honored that I get to work with some of the greatest peoplle anyone could ever meet. I am just as proud of the newest cadet as i am the longest serving member. One of the things I like about this forum is the honesty and selflessness most people have. Anyone who volunteers their time away from thier family disurves the greatest respect.

Gentleman you honor me and I am honored by you as well!!
Jim Shaw