Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 03:15:05 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Safety  |  Topic: NHQ's new Safety Policy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: NHQ's new Safety Policy  (Read 7746 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »

get every member to follow this instruction.

50,000+ emails in one month would be interesting to see them sort it out. >:D

Actually, if they made it a requirement, they'd quickly discover that we really don't have 50,000 active members.  Heh.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Dutchboy
Seasoned Member

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 11:30:05 PM »

I think that we all agree that safety is a concern, but having to fill out a CAPF 78 over a scratch is a bit too far though.  YMMV
Just curious, how many squadrons actually fill out a Form 78 for a scratch?
Gunner C
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:32 AM »

I think that we all agree that safety is a concern, but having to fill out a CAPF 78 over a scratch is a bit too far though.  YMMV
I would think that the Form 78 is a poor indicator of a safety program.  When I got to a new squadron, the SOP was to pass it around for everyone to sign.  There was no safety briefing, just ink.  I became the next CC and put a stop to it.

Most of these safety programs are, unfortunately only safety twinkies - they taste good, you feel something in your stomach, but there's no nutritional value.  Until CAP returns to a professional state with actual standards, we're going to have problems.  And no twinkie, unfortunately, is going to help (reciting the safety pledge and the like every week just puts more CO2 in the atmosphere).

GC
SJFedor

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »

I would think that the Form 78 is a poor indicator of a safety program.  When I got to a new squadron, the SOP was to pass it around for everyone to sign.  There was no safety briefing, just ink.  I became the next CC and put a stop to it.

Most of these safety programs are, unfortunately only safety twinkies - they taste good, you feel something in your stomach, but there's no nutritional value.  Until CAP returns to a professional state with actual standards, we're going to have problems.  And no twinkie, unfortunately, is going to help (reciting the safety pledge and the like every week just puts more CO2 in the atmosphere).

GC

Uhm...CAP Form 78 = Safety Mishap Notification/Investigation Form. Why was it getting passed around for everyone to sign?
Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)
jimmydeanno

Unit: ǝnƃoɹ

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 07:36:26 AM »

GC

Uhm...CAP Form 78 = Safety Mishap Notification/Investigation Form. Why was it getting passed around for everyone to sign?

Brain damage from so many safety briefings... >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill
Gunner C

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »

GC

Brain damage from so many safety briefings... >:D

Dain brammage bad.
brasda91

Unit: GLR-KY-011

Squadron website
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

For our Safety class, I try to pick a topic that is relevant to the season.  I produce an attendance roster with the instructors name, date and topic and that goes into our "safety class" file.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Safety  |  Topic: NHQ's new Safety Policy