CAP Ceritifcates of Appreciation

Started by Pylon, September 16, 2005, 03:11:28 PM

Pylon

Does anybody have a CAP Certificate of Appreciation (the national-supplied one) kicking around? 

I'm looking for the verbiage written on it and, if possible, also a snapshot of it.  I've got a bunch at home, but I'm at work and trying to design a corporate Cert. of Appreciation.  I like the basic layout and flow of the CAP certificate and can't remember how they word the actual certificate.

I know it goes something like "..... in recognition of outstanding support to Civil Air Patrol and its missions..." or something similar.

If someone has one around, can ya just post what is says on there?  Thanks!  :)

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

QuoteCIVIL AIR PATROL

<Seal Here>

CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION

AWARDED TO

<Name Here>

IN RECOGNITION OF OUTSTANDING ASSISTANCE TO CIVIL AIR PATROL

<SM CAP Device>

Given this <Day>  Day of <Month> <Year>

<Space to Add Text>

<Commander Signature>
Commander

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on September 16, 2005, 03:36:12 PM
Sweet. Thanks!  :)

All I had to do is get up for a second and pull it off the I Love Me Wall.  :)
Mike Johnston

QuietRiot

Quote from: MIKE on September 16, 2005, 03:46:55 PM
All I had to do is get up for a second and pull it off the I Love Me Wall.  :)

??? You have a Love Me Wall too?  ???

Whew :)... thank goodness...I thought I was the only one with that problem. ;D
C/SSgt Wheeler

"The Code is more like guidelines than actual rules"

Cam89

Ditto. I least I'm not the only one. :clap:
Carrisa Marinshaw
    C/Amn

ncng_sapper

A wall?   Ya'll are behind the power curve... I have an "I LOVE ME" Room!   LOL

Nathan

Yeah, I got a couple of Certificates of Appretiation. I found a great place for them... in the trash.

When EVERY SINGLE PERSON gets appreciated, then it doesn't really mean too much to me (like, oh, the achievement ribbons :o).

Not to be harsh or anything, but a Certificate of Appreciation never meant anything to me. If they appreciated me, then I know that because of how they treat me and what they say to me. If they REALLY appreciate me, then I get a shiny new commander's commondation or something. If they don't appreciate me, then they give me a certificate that makes it LOOK like they appreciate me. :D
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

SarDragon

Well, I see them differently. When given out at a meeting or similar mass gathering of any proportion, they become public recognition of your efforts for the organization. It lets others know that you have done outstanding  work at your normal "job" for CAP.

My old unit used to have a holiday banquet in December where all the fun stuff got handed out. Much of it was a complete surprise to the recipient. These folks just did their jobs to the best of their abilities and made significant contributions to the unit, and got recognized for it.

As for Commander's Commendations, I see those as recognition for participation above and beyond the regularly scheduled events in the unit.

Of course, YMMV.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret