Who is Responsible for Uniforms?

Started by ladyreferee, September 12, 2005, 04:59:44 PM

ladyreferee

I also think the CAPR 20-1 is confusing on this point.  Who is ultimately responsible for the proper wearing of uniforms?  In our composite squadron, we don't have a leadership officer which in CAPR20-1, it says that the uniforms of the cadets are his responsibility - but we do have a Deputy Commander of Cadets - is he then responsible for the cadet's uniforms?  Then under Personnel, it says uniforms.  Whose?  Just seniors, or cadets too?  And then in the SUI, it asks the cadet programs officer if wearing the uniform properly is being taught, but on the personnel SUI it asks IF the uniforms are are being worn properly!  Holy smokes!  Which is it?
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Bluelakes 13

Hello Capt,

First and foremost, it is YOU (the uniform wearer) who is responsible for proper wearing of the uniform.  If there is an issue with it, then I follow the chain of command.  If a cadet has a problem, then I would ask the cadet commander or 1st sgt to deal with it.  If they do not, I would ask the Dep Commander of Cadets to step in

Same thing with Seniors.  I would ask, well, me to take care of the issue  :-)  Rarely does a uniform problem need to be brought up to the squadron commander's attention. 

arajca

Operationally, the proper wear of uniforms falls to the Deputy Commander for Cadets if there is no Leadersip Officer. For seniors, the Commander is responsible. In the ideal unit, the positions listed are responsible, but, as far as I can tell, that unit exists only in someone's wet dreams.

The SUI is somewhat misleading because it covers EVERYTHING possible and is based on the ideal unit which has every position filled by a person and they only have one position each.

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on September 12, 2005, 05:15:28 PM
Operationally, the proper wear of uniforms falls to the Deputy Commander for Cadets if there is no Leadersip Officer. For seniors, the Commander is responsible. In the ideal unit, the positions listed are responsible, but, as far as I can tell, that unit exists only in someone's wet dreams.

The SUI is somewhat misleading because it covers EVERYTHING possible and is based on the ideal unit which has every position filled by a person and they only have one position each.

Mmm.... ideal unit.....  all positions filled... one position each.... ooooh man....

:D ;D :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Pylon on September 12, 2005, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: arajca on September 12, 2005, 05:15:28 PM

Mmm.... ideal unit.....  all positions filled... one position each.... ooooh man....

:D ;D :P

Perfect U.S.A....where everyone's uniform is crisp and clean and everyone can march in step.  Reminds me of a....commercial.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard