Main Menu

PT t-shirt

Started by RiverAux, November 04, 2007, 10:24:48 PM

RiverAux

Is it just me or is the CAP PT t-shirt sold by Vanguard http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_415_417_419&products_id=7352 about the most boring design imaginable?  A gray t-shirt with somewhat small blue-block letters across the front....

Yes, yes, I know that no one is required to wear this t-shirt while doing PT (there is another thread that discussed this issue earlier in the year), but personally I would like to have a somewhat attractive CAP-themed t-shirt to wear while working out.  Perhaps get a little public affairs work done while sweating away.

Now, I know there are similar t-shirts for other services, but can't we do a little better than this? 

There are the white and black version of the DDR t-shirts (which Vanguard incorrectly labels as cadet programs t-shirts), but I think those are a little too specific for a "general" CAP t-shirt. 

mikeylikey

I don't like that gray shirt.  I think the black DDR shirts would work fine. 
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

I guess I'm looking for something that plays up the organization as a whole.  I don't want people to think that DDR is all that we're about. 

CASH172

Well then how about a contest to design a new shirt everyone will like.

IceNine

How about you just design one and put it on cafepress so that we can order it
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

make one up.......post some pics, give us the website you ordered them from and then we will have something.  OR....be like some I know and wear the orange SAR "HAWK MTN" shirt to PT in.  It is available at the HAWK website.  I think it is like $10.00    
What's up monkeys?

IceNine

I think using the shirts for some random activity or program is exactly the issue. Wearing the hawk t-shirts sell's hawk not CAP.  And I personally would like something that is eye catching and sells CAP as a whole. 
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Walkman

Our cadets are currently picking a "mascot" which I will design a PT shirt around. I got the idea from a cadet we know in WIWG.

mikeylikey

Quote from: IceNine on November 04, 2007, 11:41:29 PM
I think using the shirts for some random activity or program is exactly the issue. Wearing the hawk t-shirts sell's hawk not CAP.  And I personally would like something that is eye catching and sells CAP as a whole. 

Sorry.....let me be more descriptive......it is orange, says "Search and Rescue" on the back, and says "Civil Air Patrol" on the front left breast. 

I will be more clear in the future. 
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

I guess I want something that stands out, but bright orange isn't a great color for a t-shirt (no, don't open up the visibility argument again -- we're talking about gym clothes only).

SarDragon

Quote from: mikeylikey on November 05, 2007, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: IceNine on November 04, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Sorry.....let me be more descriptive......it is orange, says "Search and Rescue" on the back, and says "Civil Air Patrol" on the front left breast. 

I will be more clear in the future. 

I have two of those I bought at the Bookstore (CAPMart?) table at a wing conference a few years back. They weren't ever catalogue items, AFAIK.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

O-Rex

I actually made my own  ;D

Took the black & white CAP seal (exactly like the ones on the PT sweats offered at Vanguard) put it on a .bmp file, changed the color to blue REVERSED the image, reduced and pasted four of them to a Word file, then I bought a set of "June Tailor" iron-on transfer sheets, printed them on inkjet, cut & ironed onto gray t-shirts, shorts, and sweats.

They look good: folks chided me about buying the sweats through Vanguard, and didn't believe that I actually did it myself.

I have some I did two years ago, they still hold up pretty well

You can use just about any graphic, but it has to be in light clothing.  they also offer transfers for dark clothing-I wouldn't recommend them, as they crack & fade after a while.

Transfers, shorts, t-shirts, and sweats (jerzees or FOTL brand) are available at Wal-Mart and Target.

Tips:

Use the "June Tailor" brand-way better than "Avery" brand.

Allow the iron-on to fully cool before removing paper backing.  the 'blank' areas around the transfer will appear a bit dark: this goes away after a few washings.

Don't forget to reverse the graphic, as it goes printed side-down on the garment.

When washing, wash with light colors, no bleach.

you can fit about four seals on a sheet, which will give you about 2 inches left over.  I use these for my name and CAPID, which I for marking all kinds of uniform items.

This really works, and its cheap & easy to do.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: O-Rex on November 05, 2007, 07:28:18 PM

Took the black & white CAP seal (exactly like the ones on the PT sweats offered at Vanguard) put it on a .bmp file,

Dear Sir,

It has recently come to our attention that you have been placing the CAP seal on products without our expressed permission.  As you probably know, we at Vanguard hold exclusive rights to the use of the CAP seal and therefore demand that you cease and desist any and all operations, hereunto, wherefore hence and beyond.

Also enclosed in this envelope is a CoD for $7.00 S&H for this letter.

We appreciate your business!

The Vanguard Team
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

O-Rex

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 05, 2007, 07:42:53 PM
Quote from: O-Rex on November 05, 2007, 07:28:18 PM

Took the black & white CAP seal (exactly like the ones on the PT sweats offered at Vanguard) put it on a .bmp file,

Dear Sir,

It has recently come to our attention that you have been placing the CAP seal on products without our expressed permission.  As you probably know, we at Vanguard hold exclusive rights to the use of the CAP seal and therefore demand that you cease and desist any and all operations, hereunto, wherefore hence and beyond.

Also enclosed in this envelope is a CoD for $7.00 S&H for this letter.

We appreciate your business!

The Vanguard Team

It's all perfectly legal, PROVIDED that I buy at least one garment the wrong size, and I wait seven months to wear them.  :D