Mitchell Ribbon and the Clasp

Started by PaulR, September 08, 2007, 05:18:32 PM

PaulR

I have noticed an "S" clasp in the Michell award Ribbon.  What is this and what is it for?  We did not have this when I was in.

Regards
Paul

MIKE

What?  No such award.  The old Spaatz had an S on the actual ribbon and Mitchell had an M IIRC.  The only authorized attachment is a siliver star for Cadet Officer School.
Mike Johnston

Hill CAP

Quote from: PaulR on September 08, 2007, 05:18:32 PM
I have noticed an "S" clasp in the Michell award Ribbon.  What is this and what is it for?  We did not have this when I was in.

Regards
Paul

Paul.

The only authorized attachment to the Mitchell Ribbon IAW CAPR 39-2 CAP Awards and Decorations is a silver star for those completing Cadet Officer School which may be moved to your highest Achievement ribbon upon changing to Adult Officer.

I presume you are speaking of the S that shows up when you use a ribbon checker that is on a website I can't recall off the top of my head but this one allows you to add CAP Badges and Military Awards as well. The S should be a silver star not sure why it shows up as an S instead.

Hope this helps.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

MIKE

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on September 08, 2007, 05:37:33 PM
I presume you are speaking of the S that shows up when you use a ribbon checker that is on a website I can't recall off the top of my head but this one allows you to add CAP Badges and Military Awards as well. The S should be a silver star not sure why it shows up as an S instead.

It's this one IIRC: http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk.htm

Mike Johnston

Eagle400

Quote from: MIKE on September 08, 2007, 06:21:15 PMIt's this one IIRC: http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk.htm

That's the one.

To have a silver star put in the center of the ribbon, type in "6" for the number of awards. 

baronet68

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

PaulR

Thanks for clearing this one up for me.   :)