Supplier for wide width boots

Started by Walkman, August 17, 2007, 03:40:26 AM

Walkman

Another new guy here.

After reading addo1's thread on boots, and realizing that I live in the northern part of Utah (greatest snow on earth), I figured I should not get the jungle boots. So I go poking around online and I find that it seems only the jungle boots come in wides (I'm a 9W).

Any ideas where I can go for some wide combat boots? I have up to about $80 or so I can spend on them (of course I'd like to spend less, tho').

Stonewall

Wellco makes awesome military boots.  I have only worn Wellco Jungle Boots (black) for the past 7+ years.  I got the ones with TUFFkushion® .  And look, they're only $79.99.

http://army-gear.net/wellco/tk.htm

EDIT: I didn't see that you didn't want jungles.  My bad, but look through their site, they have all leather combat boots too.
Serving since 1987.

Trouble

Northern Utah, wow Beautiful Country!  I've been to Cache Valley, last April, Really wanted to stay too.  That place is like one big hallmark card  :angel:

Wellco are good boots.  Use to have a pair of Ft. Lewis Matterhorn Gortex boots, one of the best boots i have ever worn, they are worth the $$$.

Right now I'm loving my Bates M-9s,they are relatively new though (9 months) so I have not yet put them through enough abuse..um.. use yet to compare them to my old faithful Matterhorns. Bellvilles are a good choice too.  Just my .02 cents.
Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

IceNine

galls.com

Sell bates, matterhorn, danner, etc.  All excellent. But I prefer bates

Bellvilles are what the AF is going to so also something to look into
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

I bought my 10.5 W all leather issue boots from Sportsmans Guide for about $60.
They have 3 pages of "duty" boots, here's a link:   http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=11&s=370&dc=11&search=GO
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787