The curse of the greys

Started by SARMedTech, August 11, 2007, 03:36:11 AM

SARMedTech

So as I am sure many of you do too, my squadron has a hundred shades of grey pants running around. Im wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem and if so who is your supplier if your squadron has gone to a standardized grey pant. My squadron is considering what to me is a new animal/color called "HRT Grey" and are seriously thinking about that shade of grey which can be had from Propper among others and wearing them in the tactical pant (ie cargo pockets) style. What say you all? Its probably just my inner EMT talking but I like the look of grey tacticals with the grey/white service uniform.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

mikeylikey

Walmart has carried the same shade of pants for like 5 years.  I direct everyone there.  However, I rarely shop at Walmart.  I do order the free samples from walmart.com  I figure they owe me some free samples now and then. 
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 11, 2007, 03:46:02 AM
Walmart has carried the same shade of pants for like 5 years.  I direct everyone there.  However, I rarely shop at Walmart.  I do order the free samples from walmart.com  I figure they owe me some free samples now and then. 

But I got the last Slim Jim.

shorning

Quote from: SARMedTech on August 11, 2007, 03:36:11 AM
Its probably just my inner EMT talking but I like the look of grey tacticals with the grey/white service uniform.

Except that they don't meet the requirements.  I refer you to CAPM 39-1, Table 4-1, Line 2:

QuoteTrousers:  Commercial dress trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. (No jeans or causal trousers made of cotton or twill fabric.) Front of trouser legs rests on the front of shoe or boot. No bunching at waist or sagging at seat. Trousers must be worn at natural waist.

Emphasis mine.

RogueLeader

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 11, 2007, 03:46:02 AM

What's wrong with Wal-Mart? Caveat to working there. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mdickinson

"Tactical" gray pants with cargo pockets?  :o  I nearly choked the first time I saw someone doing that to the uniform. Those aren't permitted.

See shorning's post below - the 39-1 is crystal clear. They need to be wool or wool-poly business pants.
Not gray jeans, not gray "khakis" cotton, not cargo pockets, but gray wool pants with a crease.

Sounds like mikeylikey has solved the problem simply at his unit - just have people buy their gray pants from the same store.

floridacyclist

Now if we can just find a store that nobody has ethical problems shopping at
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JohnKachenmeister

The Hock Shop was selling those tactical grays for a while.  Maybe still are.

A lot of Fat/Fuzzies wear them, especially on missions with bloused boots. 

Another former CAP officer

DrJbdm

Lets just get rid of the greys and be done with it.  it's an out dated uniform that does not add to our professional image.

MIKE

But I don't like the Corporate Uniform much better... Thought it was ok when it first came out and wasn't too different than the existing aviator shirt combo.
Mike Johnston

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 11, 2007, 11:03:40 AM
Now if we can just find a store that nobody has ethical problems shopping at

Come again? ???
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

flyerthom

HRT Grey?

I guess that's an appropriate description.
TC

Tubacap

I just bought a set of greys, and I actually kind of like them.  It is a medium grey pant, straight cut, no pleats or pockets, and it will work nicely for initial meetings with University Officials and for the ICS-300 course I'm about to take.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001