Main Menu

Squadron Hats

Started by 0, August 08, 2007, 04:31:34 PM

Just got the Mark 1.2 will have pictures up tonight.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

RiverAux

CAP already has more than enough "uniformity" issues....we don't need to add to it by having squadron hats.  If you want to stand out, where the squadron patch. No need to have both. 

SeattleSarge

Quote from: RiverAux on August 09, 2007, 09:01:44 PM
CAP already has more than enough "uniformity" issues....we don't need to add to it by having squadron hats.  If you want to stand out, where the squadron patch. No need to have both. 

We are not allowed to wear squadron patches on our flight duty uniform or flight jackets.

Squadron hats are worn with pride by all squadron members.  It is a symbol of our high standards and the squadron's prominent role in this Wing.  We will, on occasion, present one as a gift to a visiting VIP.

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

MIKE

Quote from: SeattleSarge on August 09, 2007, 09:31:51 PM
We are not allowed to wear squadron patches on our flight duty uniform or flight jackets.

Yet people wear them anyway because they can't read.
Mike Johnston

SeattleSarge

Quote from: MIKE on August 09, 2007, 09:34:28 PM
Yet people wear them anyway because they can't read.

Well, I can't claim any superior knowledge of 39-1 on this either.  Traditionally, Wing let squadrons wear insignia on the right sleeve of the FDU and flight jacket.  Our Wing Chief of Staff reminded a couple of our people (rightly so) at a few SAREXs.

I've been encouraging our pilots to wear the FAA proficient pilot patch as so many of them have completed levels in the WINGS program.

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

MIKE

Well... This is a subject for another thread, possibly including a poll.  >:D
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

squadron patches aren't allowed on the flight suit now?  I must have missed that one.  Pretty silly to just have them on BDUs then...

In our wing all of us on Flight Crew wear ours on the right shoulder.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Yeah, isn't the right shoulder of the flight suit left for an "optional" patch.  I've seen guys wear everything from Proficient Pilot to NGSAR patches.  Why couldn't you wear a squadron patch?  

I'm a huge fan of keeping things simple and as cheap as possible.  Squadorn patches can cost hundreds of dollars as can squadron hats.  We're already asking folks to fork over money for the basic requirements, I never enjoyed requiring them to fork over another $5 for a squadron patch and $10 for a squadron hat.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 12:47:00 AM
squadron patches aren't allowed on the flight suit now?  I must have missed that one.  Pretty silly to just have them on BDUs then...

Yeah, I guess I missed that one too.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

To quote myself:

Quote from: MIKE on August 09, 2007, 09:47:15 PM
Well... This is a subject for another thread, possibly including a poll.  >:D
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Well, I went and checked the manual and it does seem to not allow squadron patches on flight suits-- only wing, region, or national patches, or one of the many, many other patches.  Don't really understand why a squadron patch wouldn't be included if you're going to allow all those special activities and other patches.  For example, you can wear a Hawk Mountain patch on your flight suit -- why?  doesn't even have anything to do with air ops..

L Cid

Can anyone tell us if you can or cannot wear a metal grade rank on your Squadron Cover?  And please show your proof/site/or wherever you see the justification.  Thank you.
"Excellence the Standerd, Prfection the Goal."

MIKE

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Figure 2-26.4. CAP Baseball Cap: May be worn with the utility uniforms if authorized by the unit commander.
The color, material, unit designation, or silk screen organizational emblem or badge will be
prescribed by the unit commander. Emblem or badge, if authorized, will be centered 1/2 inch above
visor.

If grade insignia were authorized it would say so, just like it does for the BDU caps.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

I think Squadron Covers/ ball caps, should be approved the same route as Squadron Patches. 

I hope when the ABU's eventually arrive, anything other than the AF style cover/hat will not be approved.  Isn't the AF already eliminating wearing unit specific caps/hats/covers??
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

With ABUs yes, and DCUs too apparently.
Mike Johnston

floridacyclist

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 09, 2007, 12:42:53 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 09, 2007, 12:37:32 PM
Quote from: floridacyclist on August 09, 2007, 12:33:44 PM
Expert Rangers

*snicker* *snicker* ::)

"HEH HEH HE HEH HEH HEHHEH" (in my best BEAVIS voice)
Sometimes I think that CAP is composed largely of people who instead of enjoying the wide variety of activities as best they can in their own way, prefer to waste time and effort making fun of how others enjoy it.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jimmydeanno

^I am not making fun of those who decide to participate in the "Ranger" programs, I am however, poking fun at the title they gave themselves.  I think it rather presumptuous for a 15 year old walking around calling himself an "Expert Ranger," when the first thing that pops into peoples minds when you say "Ranger" is the Special Forces Group.

I too enjoy many of the types of things that are conducted at the "ranger" schools, wilderness survival, ground search, rappelling, emergency first aid - but I would not under any circumstance call myself a "ranger."

Please do not think for one minute that I am "making fun" of how others enjoy CAP, simply the title.  This post was a serious digression, so I now return you to your discussion about squadron hats and such.

I don't wear one... :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

mikeylikey

Squadron Hats........why do people wear metal rank on their hats.  I see TP doing it all the time.  Whats that saying?  "LEAD BY EXAMPLE".  Apparently he missed that part during Staff College.  I see it more at special activities and Encampments than anywhere else.  Just read the Reg and follow the guidance.  Not that HARD.
What's up monkeys?