National Commander Resignations

Started by CAPLAW, August 07, 2007, 03:00:00 PM

CAPLAW

To date how many National cc have resigned and what have been the reasons?

Skyray

Quote from: CAPLAW on August 07, 2007, 03:00:00 PM

I think NIXON is the only one.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

stillamarine

Quote from: Skyray on August 08, 2007, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: CAPLAW on August 07, 2007, 03:00:00 PM

I think NIXON is the only one.

You learn something everyday. I was unaware that Nixon was the National Commander for CAP.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Skyray

Obviously you were never a cadet and forced to learn the Chain of Command.  He was the National CC for all of us.
Doug Johnson - Miami

jimmydeanno

I hate to tell you this, but the President has nothing to do with our CoC...

I was a cadet, and I learned my actual chain of command, not some made up one that people like to think...

He has no authority over any member of CAP in any circumstance.  My CoC stops at the CAP National Commander - well now the National CV...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Skyray

They had a different chain of command WIWAC and dinosaurs walked the earth.  It started with the President of the United States and came down to my flight leader.  Obviously Teflon Tony has divorced us from other roots than the Air Force.
Doug Johnson - Miami

stillamarine

Quote from: Skyray on August 08, 2007, 06:40:48 PM
Obviously you were never a cadet and forced to learn the Chain of Command.  He was the National CC for all of us.

Actually I think I recall WIWAC 17 years ago that we did have to include POTUS in the CoC. But the memory is hazy lol.

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Matt

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 08, 2007, 06:46:42 PM
He has no authority over any member of CAP in any circumstance.  My CoC stops at the CAP National Commander - well now the National CV...

So what happens when he tasks 1st AF to task us? (an obviously figurative statement) Then still no authority?
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

floridacyclist

Last time I checked, POTUS WAS the National Commander in Chief. Differences of opinion on the CoC aside, the original question did not specify the CAP National CC
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jimmydeanno

CAP Chain of Command Page: http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/organization/chain_of_command/
Here is CAP's Chain of Command, in order:

National Commander
Region Commander
Wing Commander
Group Commander (for those wings with a Group structure)
Squadron Commander
Flight Commander
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

stillamarine

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 08, 2007, 06:59:00 PM
Last time I checked, POTUS WAS the National Commander in Chief. Differences of opinion on the CoC aside, the original question did not specify the CAP National CC

::)  Come on now that's stretching it. Yes POTUS is the CinC. But seeing recent events and that it was posted on CAPTalk, I don't see where many people would thing he was talking about POTUS

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Skyray

Quote from: stillamarine on August 08, 2007, 06:56:44 PM
Quote from: Skyray on August 08, 2007, 06:40:48 PM

Actually I think I recall WIWAC 17 years ago that we did have to include POTUS in the CoC. But the memory is hazy lol.

You think your memory is hazy?  I was a cadet 47 years ago (1960). Just get a load of that uniform on my profile.
Doug Johnson - Miami

ELTHunter

I was a cadet, and I learned my actual chain of command, not some made up one that people like to think...

So if the POTUS was say touring a military base you happened to be on and told you to do something, you wouldn't do it?  Would you tell him politely to tell the National Commander so he could send it through the CoC?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

jimmydeanno

If it were my perogative, technically, I could, both as a CAP member and as a civilian that he is responsible to.

Psicorp

Quote from: ELTHunter on August 08, 2007, 07:16:15 PM

So if the POTUS was say touring a military base you happened to be on and told you to do something, you wouldn't do it?  Would you tell him politely to tell the National Commander so he could send it through the CoC?

Or you could ask him to call the NOC and have it go that way...I mean, you might as well get a CAPF 108 out of it, right?   ;D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Skyray

QuoteSo if the POTUS was say touring a military base you happened to be on and told you to do something, you wouldn't do it?  Would you tell him politely to tell the National Commander so he could send it through the CoC?

Actually this is substantial thread divergence for a stupid joke, but the answer is that if POTUS were to task you, that is precisely what you are supposed to do.  Maybe not the National Commander, but at least the RCC.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Skyray

Quote from: Pylon on August 08, 2007, 07:59:06 PM
Uh, back on topic folks?   ;)

Back on topic, folks; it ain't gonna happen.  I have known Tony for twenty years, and relinquishing power ain't in his nature.
Doug Johnson - Miami