Internal Orange Jump Suits &/or Heavy Coveralls

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 05, 2007, 07:40:50 PM

RADIOMAN015

Personally again, I just like the idea of having a simple zip up coveralls and or "jump suit" in bright international orange that can be used while in the field searching etc..  As it is now whether one wears the BDU's (very difficult to see in the woods) or the blue fatigues, one still has to wear an orange vest in order to be seen...   We need to be more practical in developing uniforms for our missions rather than being military centered in uniform design..    ??? :-[   

shorning

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 05, 2007, 07:40:50 PM
Personally again, I just like the idea of having a simple zip up coveralls and or "jump suit" in bright international orange that can be used while in the field searching etc.. 

In some parts of the country orange jumpsuits/coveralls are worn by prisoners.  I'll take my chances with the orange vests.  There are other ways I can make myself visible.

We need to be more practical in developing uniforms for our missions rather than being military centered in uniform design.   

You mean "missions" like Aerospace Education and Cadet Programs?  Emergency Services is only one of our missions.  So...our uniforms need to fit the requirements of all our missions. 

SarDragon

As noted on another thread, one piece uniforms are not all that practical in the field.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JohnKachenmeister

Ever try to take a dump in a flight suit, big boy?

I'll stay with the BDU's except for when I'm up flying.
Another former CAP officer

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 05, 2007, 09:11:47 PM
Ever try to take a dump in a flight suit, big boy?

I'll stay with the BDU's except for when I'm up flying.

A 'massive gassive' in the green or blue 'bag' just won't make your day... or anyone else's  >:D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

MIKE

Use the search feature... We've already done CAP should dress like inmates this summer.
Mike Johnston

calguy

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JayT

Personally again, I just like the idea of having a simple zip up coveralls and or "jump suit" in bright international orange that can be used while in the field searching etc..  As it is now whether one wears the BDU's (very difficult to see in the woods) or the blue fatigues, one still has to wear an orange vest in order to be seen...   We need to be more practical in developing uniforms for our missions rather than being military centered in uniform design..    ??? :-[   

No no no no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRONG!
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Pylon

Oh, but to add to the thread my opinion:

Absolutely not.  Never.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jb512

No thanks.  I'd rather not look like an inmate on a work detail.

And by the way, we are military centered...