Blue Golf Shirt Wear & Trousers Requirements!!!

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM

floridacyclist

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 05, 2007, 04:46:18 PM
This is an example of "the continually slidding line." 

First we allow minor mis-spellings. Next thing you know, whole words are missing or typed out in text- and leet-speak. End result is that Cyrillic is acceptable on here.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

SarDragon

Gene, I'm gonna pirate that, with your permission, to use in my role as Grammar Cop.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ELTHunter

Quote from: arajca on August 05, 2007, 06:11:34 PM
I've started seeing it more at mission bases. Usually worn by pilots and aircrew who are not in flight positions, i.e. AOBD, brief/debrief, safety, etc. It is good for that because it makes it a little easier to determine which flying types should be in the back of the mission base and which should be in the staging areas. Plus, it provides a - dare I say it - UNIFORM appearance for the staff.

Most of the time I wear the blue AF style service dress, AF style BDU's or a flight suit depending upon the occasion.  I wear them all correctly and with the respect they deserve.  However, I'll have to say that I like the golf shirt in the summer, even for flying, because it is MUCH cooler.  (Purists, don't bother telling me about the hazards of not wearing nomax, I've understand the argument, I just don't think it's warrented in a Cessna.)  I also think the the grey BDU's ought to be authorized to wear with the golf shirt in cases where BDU's or a flight suit is also appropriate.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

RogueLeader

Quote from: ELTHunter on August 07, 2007, 12:11:09 AM
the grey BDU's ought to be authorized to wear with the golf shirt

Grey BDU's? ??? What do they look like? Never seen them before.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 07, 2007, 03:47:06 AM

grey BDU pants...I think Old Lincoln County sells them and markets them specifically for CAP wear

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 07, 2007, 03:50:28 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on August 07, 2007, 03:47:06 AM

grey BDU pants...I think Old Lincoln County sells them and markets them specifically for CAP wear

How, they aren't even authorized for CAP.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Fifinella

So, it's been said before, but...the golf shirt is often the appropriate uniform for inter-agency meetings/events where all the other agencies are wearing embroidered polo shirts.

And, would you believe, a squadron commander drove cadets to Encampment this year wearing the golf shirt with torn, raggedy jean-cutoff-shorts and flip-flops!!!!??  Some folks really don't get it.  >:(

Yes, I wear AF-style uniforms 95% of the time.  But I wear the golf shirt combo too, especially when meeting with other agencies.  It's all about presenting a professional image, as has been said ad nauseum.  Often HOW you wear your uniform is more important than which uniform you choose to wear.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Hawk200

I think the thing that puzzles me the most about the golf shirt is that it requires grey pants with it. Most places that wear that style of shirt wear khaki pants with it. It's always made me wonder.

We're not supposed to understand it.  It's like when you take medicine to get better and it has side effects.  You take this stuff to get better but it makes you sick another way.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Hawk200

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 07, 2007, 08:20:13 PM
We're not supposed to understand it. 

True. I don't wear it any way, so it's really a moot point to me.

davedove

I wonder how some of the folks who are so against the golf shirt combo would react to the following:

At an event the director states, "In the interest of maintaining a uniform appearance, the uniform for the activity will be the golf shirt combination."

Not that we can ever seem to get uniformity anyway, but I think it's an interesting question.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

RiverAux

He would have just as much luck as anyone else who tries to enforce the wear of a specific uniform by seniors -- some will not have that uniform and will wear something else.  There is no "basic" uniform that every adult CAP member must have that could practically be used when total uniformity is desired.

Hawk200

Quote from: davedove on August 07, 2007, 08:26:21 PM
I wonder how some of the folks who are so against the golf shirt combo would react to the following:

At an event the director states, "In the interest of maintaining a uniform appearance, the uniform for the activity will be the golf shirt combination."

Not that we can ever seem to get uniformity anyway, but I think it's an interesting question.

I guess I'd be going home. I don't even have one. Don't have any grey pants either. All my stuff is khaki.

Fifinella

Quote from: RiverAux on August 07, 2007, 08:46:01 PM
There is no "basic" uniform that every adult CAP member must have that could practically be used when total uniformity is desired.

Actually, there is:

CAPM 39-1   23 MARCH 2005

1-5. Uniform Combinations.
Members will equip themselves with the basic uniform. The minimum basic uniforms for male and female cadets and senior members, which will satisfy most occasions, are listed below.

a. Minimum Basic Service Uniform.  Male: Short-sleeve, light blue shirt; dark blue trousers; blue
belt/silver buckle, blue flight cap; black shoes, and socks.  Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch,
collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight cap emblem.   Female: Short-sleeve light
blue blouse; Dark blue skirt or slacks; flight cap; neutral nylon hose; black shoes; black handbag. 
Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch, collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight
cap emblem.

b. CAP Distinctive Basic Uniform (senior members only). Male:  Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt;
gray trousers; black belt; black shoes and socks.  Insignia:  CAP nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve. 
Female:  Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt; gray slacks or skirt; plain black shoes. Insignia:  CAP
nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Fifinella on August 08, 2007, 03:28:05 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on August 07, 2007, 08:46:01 PM
There is no "basic" uniform that every adult CAP member must have that could practically be used when total uniformity is desired.

Actually, there is:

CAPM 39-1   23 MARCH 2005

1-5. Uniform Combinations.
Members will equip themselves with the basic uniform. The minimum basic uniforms for male and female cadets and senior members, which will satisfy most occasions, are listed below.

a. Minimum Basic Service Uniform.  Male: Short-sleeve, light blue shirt; dark blue trousers; blue
belt/silver buckle, blue flight cap; black shoes, and socks.  Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch,
collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight cap emblem.   Female: Short-sleeve light
blue blouse; Dark blue skirt or slacks; flight cap; neutral nylon hose; black shoes; black handbag. 
Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch, collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight
cap emblem.

b. CAP Distinctive Basic Uniform (senior members only). Male:  Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt;
gray trousers; black belt; black shoes and socks.  Insignia:  CAP nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve. 
Female:  Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt; gray slacks or skirt; plain black shoes. Insignia:  CAP
nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve.

But even so you are still liable to have two distinctly seperate uniforms - the AF Blue and the Corporate.
And that is the point the is no Single SHIRT and Single PANT that EVERYONE - skinny, shaved, fat, fuzzy - has in their closet.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

RiverAux

Hmmm, anyone care to bet how many senior members don't meet the minimum requirement?  We might need to advertise that just a bit more....