August National Board Agenda Posted

Started by SeattleSarge, August 02, 2007, 04:27:33 PM

BlackKnight

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 02, 2007, 06:19:54 PM
To be completely accurate, this proposal (or one  much like it) was rejected at 2006 Summer National Board.

A proposal to allow extended or consecutive terms for wing/region CCs was turned down at 2007 Winter Board.

This is beginning to look like it will be submitted repeatedly until NB membership has changed sufficiently to ensure passage.

Reminds me of Congress!

Actually it reminds me of how they pass local option sales taxes in many communities across the country. Keep putting the tax proposal on the ballot until it passes.  No matter that it has been voted down a dozen times-   Never give up.  It takes advantage of a common Constitutional loophole- unless there have been specific amendments to prevent such abuse by the folks who control the ballot list.

Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

Smokey

Gee   maybe Col Applebaum  PAWG/CC will be up for Vice Commander seeing as how he is the one proposing the additional term for TP.  Anyone willing to make book on it??? >:D

The Board has been stacked folks...don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All those Wing & Region CC changes haven't been for grins & giggles.

I wonder what the Vegas odds are for this proposal???
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

JC004

Quote from: Smokey on August 02, 2007, 09:27:58 PM
Gee   maybe Col Applebaum  PAWG/CC will be up for Vice Commander seeing as how he is the one proposing the additional term for TP.  Anyone willing to make book on it??? >:D

The Board has been stacked folks...don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All those Wing & Region CC changes haven't been for grins & giggles.

I wonder what the Vegas odds are for this proposal???

No no...Applebaum isn't up for CV.   He's going to be the school program coordinator.

ZigZag911

Quote from: JC004 on August 02, 2007, 10:18:58 PM
No no...Applebaum isn't up for CV.   He's going to be the school program coordinator.

Ah, but what if he is "drafted from the floor"?!?

JC004

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 03, 2007, 04:15:56 AM

Looks more like the term extension items were just divided among the various members.  Want me to ask him? He's signed online...   :)

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 04:52:35 AM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 03, 2007, 04:15:56 AM

Looks more like the term extension items were just divided among the various members.  Want me to ask him? He's signed online...   :)

Please  :)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Pylon

Why is it that the National CV only gets a one-year term before needed to go up for another election, but the National CC gets a three year term?

???
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on August 03, 2007, 06:31:01 PM
Why is it that the National CV only gets a one-year term before needed to go up for another election, but the National CC gets a three year term?

???

Didn't they try to do away with the 1-year thing?  Anybody remember what happened with that?