August National Board Agenda Posted

Started by SeattleSarge, August 02, 2007, 04:27:33 PM

SeattleSarge

I received this message from the Executive Director, Don Rowland:

Ron,

Thank you for bring this to my attention...you will now find it posted in E-services and on our website under meetings.  I apologize for any inconveniences this delay may have caused.

V/R,

Don Rowland

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:07 PM
To: drowland@cap.gov
Subject: August NB Agenda?

Mr. Rowland,

Can you please advise where a copy of the agenda for the August National Board Meeting can be obtained?  The meeting is seven days away, and no copy has been posted for access by the general membership. 

Thank you,

-Ron Kruml

Here is a link.  National Board Agendas are toward the bottom of the page:

http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5503
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

dwb

Allowing an additional three-year term for CAP/CC?  Gee, I wonder who was really behind that initiative.  ::)

IceNine

Now now Lets be fair,

There is an agenda item allowing for an extension of terms from Nat/CC down to Wing/CC

On a lighter note, bringing back the National SAR Comp  AWESOME!!! I always wanted to do that
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

ColonelJack

But wasn't the term extensions voted down once already?  If the will expressed was negative, why bring it up again?

Unless, of course, certain people have been right all along ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Major Carrales

Way to Go SeattleSarge...taking action and getting things done!!!

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

IceNine

I don't think they voted them down did they?

I thought they simply tabled the issue(s)...  I'll do some looking through the old minutes and see what I can find

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

dwb

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 02, 2007, 04:47:04 PMThere is an agenda item allowing for an extension of terms from Nat/CC down to Wing/CC

Hence the "I'll scratch yours" corollary to the phrase "You scratch my back".

To be honest, the agenda for this meeting looks a little light.  No major regulatory approvals, no big changes to the organization (other than the aforementioned CAP/CC reelection), etc.  I thought I remembered there being more on the table in previous summer NB meetings.

ColonelJack

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 02, 2007, 04:58:10 PM
I don't think they voted them down did they?

I thought they simply tabled the issue(s)...  I'll do some looking through the old minutes and see what I can find

If the issues were tabled until ... as some would say ... the "deck could be stacked," then I smell a rat.  A big one.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

IceNine

Another Question,

Is the CV Election to replace Gen. Courter or is there some kind of annual re-confirmation requirement?

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

ColonelJack

The CV is a one-year term.  Gen. Courter was the only candidate to pre-qualify, but rumors abound that there will be at least one nomination from the floor.

If that floor nomination succeeds, and Gen. Courter is forced out, then the rat I smell will be even bigger.  She's done nothing but good for Civil Air Patrol, from all I heard and read.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

Hawk200

Quote from: justin_bailey on August 02, 2007, 04:35:46 PM
Allowing an additional three-year term for CAP/CC?  Gee, I wonder who was really behind that initiative.  ::)

I'm a bit puzzled about the desire to extend term limits. Many of the former wing commanders I knew had no desire to continue their time after it was up. They were happy to step down, rather than burning out. I don't see how someone could do six years at the top without getting frazzled.

Changeover is a good thing, it brings in fresh ideas, and the outgoing CC doesn't end up with a bad taste over it. I would hate it if I worked CAP so much that it became a burden. Or worse.

ZigZag911

Quote from: ColonelJack on August 02, 2007, 04:49:52 PM
But wasn't the term extensions voted down once already?  If the will expressed was negative, why bring it up again?

Unless, of course, certain people have been right all along ...

Jack

To be completely accurate, this proposal (or one  much like it) was rejected at 2006 Summer National Board.

A proposal to allow extended or consecutive terms for wing/region CCs was turned down at 2007 Winter Board.

This is beginning to look like it will be submitted repeatedly until NB membership has changed sufficiently to ensure passage.

Reminds me of Congress!

Major Carrales

I am a firm supporter of term limits.  Actually, I hope in my unit that I can pass command (some day) to any others that wish to carry the burden so that I might support their visions in return for their support of mine.

In theory, a 3 year term for National Commander and a 6 year stagerred term for the various bodies might insure that there is consistancy of policy with a fresh injection of vision.

Rememeber, we don't follow the "man," but rather the good of the organization and its continued legacy.  In the US, we don't pledge our loyalty to the President, even as civilians we honor the US Constitution. 

Many people in CAP focus on who's in the center seat...instead of what is behind in support of the CENTER SEAT.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JC004

No term extensions.  Not even for the best commander ever. 

If there is an extension approved, it should apply to National only after the current administration is gone (not because it's him, but because that's the right thing to do).  Same goes for region/wing commanders...only after the current person is gone should it apply in their region/wing. 

Now elect me as your national commander and I will not need 6 years or whatever.   ;)

Also...re-elect Courter.   :)

ColonelJack

I think we should make CAPTalk the unofficial headquarters for the Re-Elect Amy Courter Movement!!

Courter in '07!!!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

Major Carrales

Quote from: JC004 on August 02, 2007, 06:51:51 PM
No term extensions.  Not even for the best commander ever. 

If there is an extension approved, it should apply to National only after the current administration is gone (not because it's him, but because that's the right thing to do).  Same goes for region/wing commanders...only after the current person is gone should it apply in their region/wing. 

Now elect me as your national commander and I will not need 6 years or whatever.   ;)

Also...re-elect Courter.   :)

If I were ever elected to the National Commander position I would only want "one time in the barrel."  I would try to focus on the Missions of CAP and resist the ancillary items that stir up so much dust (incidentally, it is that "dust" along with the storms of political agendism that create the mud everyone uses to mudsling).  Since I would be a "one term Johnny" I would try to get my stuff passed without having to play the political games to get "re-elected."

One way or the other, I would do what I thought was best...history would be the judge of it.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Psicorp

Well, ya know...it had to be super secretly hand carried in a chrome attache' case to NOTF before it can be published on E-Services  ;D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JohnKachenmeister

Looks like I'll be going to Wing.  Or, maybe not.
Another former CAP officer

ColonelJack

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 02, 2007, 06:56:22 PM
If I were ever elected to the National Commander position I would only want "one time in the barrel."  I would try to focus on the Missions of CAP and resist the ancillary items that stir up so much dust (incidentally, it is that "dust" along with the storms of political agendism that create the mud everyone uses to mudsling).  Since I would be a "one term Johnny" I would try to get my stuff passed without having to play the political games to get "re-elected."

One way or the other, I would do what I thought was best...history would be the judge of it.

Hmmm ... Kach, you have competition for CC ... now I am waffling between supporting you or Sparky.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

Hawk200

Quote from: ColonelJack on August 02, 2007, 08:32:43 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on August 02, 2007, 06:56:22 PM

Hmmm ... Kach, you have competition for CC ... now I am waffling between supporting you or Sparky.

Jack

Yeah, it would be a tough choice. I'd probably flip a coin. The coin toss winner gets vote for National CC, the loser gets CV.

I know it's not very scientific, but it seems the easiest way... ;D Gotta make a choice somehow.