Suggestions for fun things to do in Houston

Started by flynd94, July 30, 2007, 09:40:03 PM

flynd94

I am leaving for Houston on Sunday for an undetermined amount of time.  I am going to be at Continental Express at IAH for initial training in the ERJ-145.  I won't have that much spare time but, I would like to get out and adventure.  Any suggestions
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

AlphaSigOU

Just posted an answer to your question in CS.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jb512

Find a "wing bar".  That seems to be the popular trend these days.  We still have the old Hooters and Bone Daddy's standbys here in Austin, but Fowlers is a really good sports/wing bar to spend some evenings in and I know they have something similar in Houston.  At the last school I went to out there I was lucky enough to have one next door to my hotel.

SARMedTech

There is a great little place for drinks called Mafraelo's. Its sort of a local secret and the building is unmarked. Its in the side of an old warehouse with a bright blue door. Just ask any innkeeper.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

jimmydeanno

hmmm...never been to houston, actually the only time I've been to Texas was to watch my wifes BMT graduation in San Antonio.  I'm actually surprised I got back alive.  The mother-in-law was driving and decided to come to a complete stop in the center lane of the beltway (5 lanes if I remember correctly) because she didn't want to get off the wrong exit.  Did I mention we were in a cavalier and there was a shell truck behind us...REMEMBER THE ALAMO!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill