Green- AF
14 (46.7%)
Other Boots
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

LtCol White

Quote from: RiverAux on July 18, 2007, 02:12:08 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on July 11, 2007, 08:23:57 PM
when we go to the ABU, there won't be a choice on the boots. It will be the foliage green same as USAF
Ah, but you're forgetting why we're still wearing the ultramarine name tapes and the AF isn't --- they changed but left CAP behind....it could happen again...

Tha basic uniform is the same with only the insignia being different. The ABU will be the same.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Sgt. Savage

Not that I'm discouraging open conversation about these issues but...

We wear what they tell us to wear. They don't give a rats ass about what we like or want. That's why we look so silly.

Hawk200

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 18, 2007, 03:43:00 PM
ABU's.  I don't care for polishing boots.  ;)

I can buy that.  ;D

I don't either.

Hawk200

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on July 18, 2007, 03:53:39 PM

We wear what they tell us to wear. They don't give a rats ass about what we like or want. That's why we look so silly.

The same could be said for some active military uniforms...

RogueLeader

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on July 18, 2007, 03:53:39 PM

True, but if there is a chance that we could get the ABU's, in a manner that looks good; I am willing to try and put a proposal together and see if the AF likes it.  If they say "No" and I hope that they don't- that is that, end of story.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

I think we can pretty much guarantee that someone up at NHQ is already working on this issue.  I don't think they need someone from CAPTalk to put a proposal together to allow for CAP wear of this uniform. 

Personally, I'm not all that concerned about what boots go with them, but if they don't need polishing, I'm for that.

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on July 18, 2007, 04:13:46 PM
I think we can pretty much guarantee that someone up at NHQ is already working on this issue.  I don't think they need someone from CAPTalk to put a proposal together to allow for CAP wear of this uniform. 

Personally, I'm not all that concerned about what boots go with them, but if they don't need polishing, I'm for that.

The proposal wouldn't be to "allow" CAP to wear it, but proposals on how we would like it to be worn. I've got a half a dozen ideas, but only a couple that are really viable. And a few options that the AF would definitely disapprove of.  ;D

The members in the field  are the ones that aren't getting to make input. If you saw what the AF brass wanted to use as a utility, you'd understand the there was input from the Air Force at large. The Marines were all asked what they wanted, they designed their own utility.

For us, it's a matter of how we would like to wear it, not a matter of whether we want to. A proposal that's done professionally could be considered. A fact with some top brass is that they have loads of work, and if a package comes up that they don't have to work on, they're happy. They have time for other things.

RiverAux

I suppose I'm willing to give them a chance at NHQ on this one.  Its not like anything said on this topic so far brings up anything so obscure that it won't have been considered anyway. 

Grumpy

when we go to the ABU, there won't be a choice on the boots. It will be the foliage green same as USAF
According to my AF Times dated 30 July 07, they have now decided that the ABU Boots can be worn with all utility uniforms.  Beginning Oct of 08 they will be issued to recruits in basic training.  It'll be interesting to see what CAP does with it.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hawk200

Quote from: Grumpy on July 24, 2007, 05:49:19 AM
According to my AF Times dated 30 July 07, they have now decided that the ABU Boots can be worn with all utility uniforms.  Beginning Oct of 08 they will be issued to recruits in basic training.  It'll be interesting to see what CAP does with it.

Did it say anything about authorizing tan ones? Got three sets from the Army I could use if they're allowed.

ddelaney103

Right now you can wear tan or mold green boots with the ABU and you can wear black or mold green boots with the BDU.

It is unlikely they would authorize tan boots with the BDU because if your black boots go bad you would purchase/get issued mold green boots to replace them.  The army authorized tan because that was the future issue boot.

EDT: The "we" above refers to the AF. not CAP.

RogueLeader

So could we, right now, wear green boots?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hawk200

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 25, 2007, 07:27:00 PM
So could we, right now, wear green boots?

I would doubt it. Strangely, it has to filter down from the CAP side of the house. Until National puts it out, we gotta wear what we got.

RogueLeader

I guessed as much ;) But it doesn't hurt to ask, right? the worst they could do is say no.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hoser

There is NO apostrophe in a plural!!!!!!!  Boot's what? Laces? Soles?

ddelaney103

Quote from: Hoser on July 25, 2007, 09:18:34 PM
There is NO apostrophe in a plural!!!!!!!  Boot's what? Laces? Soles?

Lighten up, Francis...

baronet68

It really wouldn't surprise me if CAP never gets to wear the new ABU.  Woodland BDUs will eventually dry up and CAP will just transition everyone to the Blue BDUs.  CAP will still have the AF Blues uniforms, just not AF combat uniforms.

I could just as easily be wrong.   :D
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

SARMedTech

Or we could just be told "here are some civilian suppliers that fill DOD as well as private contracts and they are an endless suppliers of mil-spec woodland BDUs...shop til you drop. Heres where I go when my local/up the street supplier temporarily runs out:

bdu.com

sorry...youll have to cut and paste that.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Hawk200

Quote from: baronet68 on July 26, 2007, 04:09:13 AM
It really wouldn't surprise me if CAP never gets to wear the new ABU.  Woodland BDUs will eventually dry up and CAP will just transition everyone to the Blue BDUs.  CAP will still have the AF Blues uniforms, just not AF combat uniforms.

I could just as easily be wrong.   :D

The ABU has already been discussed for CAP wear. It's just not a priority for us right now, as the Air Force needs to be outfitted first.

The military uniforms draw a lot of cadets. Take it away, and we won't get cadets. Which would be a shame, considering the programs that a teenager gets to do in CAP that they couldn't get near as inexpensively somewhere else.