Tan- Army
5 (16.7%)
Green- AF
14 (46.7%)
Other Boots
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

RogueLeader

What type of boot would you like to see CAP wear with ABU's?  This boot would also apply to BBDU's.  I would like to the AF Greens.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Why are we wearing an Army uniform?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

Sorry, live with Army brother at the moment. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

when we go to the ABU, there won't be a choice on the boots. It will be the foliage green same as USAF
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

ddelaney103

BBDU's with tan or "AF mold green" boots are going to look very stupid.

Hawk200

Quote from: LtCol White on July 11, 2007, 08:23:57 PM
when we go to the ABU, there won't be a choice on the boots. It will be the foliage green same as USAF

Agreed. We don't get the option of changing the Air Force uniform to our likes or dislikes when it comes to the general configuration. Nametapes and insignia are one thing, but you can't go changing the boots, or the T-shirts, belts, or even socks because we feel like it. This is not a realistic poll.

Quote from: ddelaney103 on July 11, 2007, 08:31:23 PM
BBDU's with tan or "AF mold green" boots are going to look very stupid.

Tan might look OK eventually. "AF mold green" is funny. I like that one.

O-Rex

First black, the mouldy, with a nice long transition period: would ease wallet-strain for seniors and provide a fallout of surplus back boots for cadets for some time to come.

of course, black would still be worn with BBDU's.

Not to worry, CAP will still be auth'd BDU's well into the next decade

Northerners: keep in mind that there is no M-65 field jacket for the ABU.  The Gore-Tex APEC coat will sell for $175, and it'll be awhile before they start showing up in DRMO or e-bay.......

RogueLeader

There is no current reg for required footwear for BBDU's.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

O-Rex

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 11, 2007, 10:02:39 PM
There is no current reg for required footwear for BBDU's.

39-1 has more holes than swiss cheese, but everyone knows that your purse and your shoes must match  ;D

JayT

Quote from: O-Rex on July 11, 2007, 09:42:42 PM
First black, the mouldy, with a nice long transition period: would ease wallet-strain for seniors and provide a fallout of surplus back boots for cadets for some time to come.

of course, black would still be worn with BBDU's.

Not to worry, CAP will still be auth'd BDU's well into the next decade

Northerners: keep in mind that there is no M-65 field jacket for the ABU.  The Gore-Tex APEC coat will sell for $175, and it'll be awhile before they start showing up in DRMO or e-bay.......

Eh, we're gonna see the same thing with the ABUs that we see with every uniform CAP has.

'It's okay to wear a micky mourse jacket with your uniform.'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

MIKE

What's with all the ABU polls/threads?   :(
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

Trolling for ideas for a proposal to NHQ.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JayT

Last I check, Utilites are the single piece 'flight suit' style uniforms, and I wear low cut EMT style boots with them.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

O-Rex

Quote from: MIKE on July 11, 2007, 10:24:45 PM
What's with all the ABU polls/threads?   :(

New meat: we beat the TPU's to death  :P

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on July 11, 2007, 11:56:18 PM
Last I check, Utilites are the single piece 'flight suit' style uniforms, and I wear low cut EMT style boots with them.

Utilities as a generic concept are anything you would do any labor in. The "CAP Blue Utility Uniform" is a single piece flightsuit-style uniform.

And we do have Battle Dress Utilities, in both blue and cammie.

And before someone tells me "It's a Battle Dress Uniform!", don't bother. The original pattern drawings for them were titled Battle Dress Utility. The military started calling them uniforms after they put name, branch tapes, rank, unit insignia, etc. A plain BDU is not a uniform.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 12, 2007, 04:36:27 AM
Quote from: JThemann on July 11, 2007, 11:56:18 PM

Utilities as a generic concept are anything you would do any labor in. The "CAP Blue Utility Uniform" is a single piece flightsuit-style uniform.

And we do have Battle Dress Utilities, in both blue and cammie.

And before someone tells me "It's a Battle Dress Uniform!", don't bother. The original pattern drawings for them were titled Battle Dress Utility. The military started calling them uniforms after they put name, branch tapes, rank, unit insignia, etc. A plain BDU is not a uniform.

And last time I checked, none of us shows up for any reason or operation in a battle dress utility...we show up in battle dress uniforms. It stops being a utility when  your mommy sews on your name tape, therefore the commonly used terminology is correct unless its still in the box when you wear it.

And for those of us who are using military jargon for the first time in CAP, and CAP is undoubtedly USAF "oriented", how about a list from head to toe, of the correct terminology for each piece of uniform gear. I mean if we are going to be around cadets and USAF personnel and they are our "parent" service, lets use their lingo. Im not giving up Bravo Zulu, however.  ;) Though I think it would be interesting to have a list of similar expressions as used by the AF.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Hawk200

Not sure where to begin on a list of AF lingo.

A few to start,

BDU "top": Shirt. That's it, just a "shirt". It says "coat" inside but I never knew anyone that called it that. And many AF personnel will get riled if they hear you call it a "blouse".

BDU headgear: Usually, just "hat" or BDU cap. I've never heard it called a cover my entire time in the Air Force, or the Air Guard. And that totals almost twelve years.

Blousing devices: Just called "straps" or "bands". Don't call them "blousing rubbers", people will look at you funny. And I don't think my MTI (Military Training Instructor) from Air Force Basic would really appreciate them being called "cheaters". Especially since, in Basic, we were required to use them.

Flight cap: If you call it a "garrison cap", no one is going to know what you're talking about. There is another term that is rather vulgar, and shouldn't be used, especially around AF personnel.

That's all I can think of at the moment, maybe people should put up some lists of what they've heard things called, and some of the folks with Air Force background can answer them. There may be a few differences due to what eras people are from, so it could be a rather historical undertaking as well.

RiverAux

Ah, but you're forgetting why we're still wearing the ultramarine name tapes and the AF isn't --- they changed but left CAP behind....it could happen again...

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on July 18, 2007, 02:12:08 AM
Ah, but you're forgetting why we're still wearing the ultramarine name tapes and the AF isn't --- they changed but left CAP behind....it could happen again...

Not in that case. Nametapes and rank insignia are one thing, different boots will completely alter the uniform altogether. That wouldn't be leaving anything behind, it would fundamentally change the uniform itself.

It's the same principle as putting grey braid on the AF service dress when worn by CAP members. It's changing the basic uniform, and we do not have the authority to alter AF uniforms in that manner.

It will be either be the ABU in its entirety, or no ABU at all. Which would you rather see?

RogueLeader

ABU's.  I don't care for polishing boots.  ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340