Which Combination Would Look Better?

Started by Eagle400, July 04, 2007, 12:19:25 AM

Which Combination of Nametag/Epaulets Would Look Better?

Blue Epaulets and Nametag
6 (26.1%)
Black Epaulets and Nametag
2 (8.7%)
Light Blue Epaulets and Nametag
2 (8.7%)
Ultramarine Blue Epaulets and Nametag
0 (0%)
Current Gray Epaulets and Nametag
12 (52.2%)
Other (please explain)
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Eagle400

I've been tinkering with the idea of proposing that the color of epaulets and nametags for CAP officers be changed.  But before I do, I'd like to know what you all think.  Should the colors remain the same, or is there a combination that looks more professional?

Remember: this is not about mirroring the Air Force.  It's about finding a color combination for the nametag and epaulets that is more professional than gray.  Kind of like having dark blue tapes on the BDU instead of ultramarine blue.     

SARMedTech

As you may have learned by now, the CAP-USAF arent really all that interested us being fashion plates. To my mind, the ultramarine tapes are a bit like the USCGAUXs silver buttons instead of the ADs gold and white writing in caps, etc instead of yellow...it makes us instantly distinguishable (to anyone who needs to distinguish us). I personally like the grey boards, or more accurately, dont hate them. Better than berry boards. If this list were given to me, I would definately vote against light blue or black boards.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

RiverAux

Frankly, I think they all look ok.  The gray epalets look just fine and aren't hideous like the old maroon ones.  Now, how they look is an entirely different question in my mind than what we, as the AF auxiliary, should be wearing and that has been the topic of numerous threads. 

ddelaney103

Gray.

Gray on the AF-style, gray on the TPU, Gray on the white and grays.

One team, one fight, one epaulet/nametag color.

Frankly, if I were king of the forest, we'd have white on gray BDU tapes, white on gray flight suit nametags and gray ballcaps as the default field headgear.  Unify the uniforms through gray.  If we were made of money we could get gray flight caps for all the service uniforms (ditching the wheel caps).  We'd look like the AF, but with enough difference to be ourselves.

Then we could drop all the uniform threads and move on to solving world hunger.

RiverAux

Actually, I was wrong -- ultramarine would look hideous -- as it already does on our BDU tapes.... the rest would be fine. 

Eagle400

I agree that CAP is one team and that all service dress uniforms should reflect this by having gray epaulets and nametags.  I say get rid of the Air Force epaulets on the TPU.  There is no need for them, just as there is no need for the silver sleeve braid.  

Now... gray BDU tapes, flight suit badges and flight caps?  That's going too far.  There's no way the Air Force would allow that.  Not only is it too expensive, they'd see it as something smacking of big-time sarcasm.  No need to rub it in their face.

I'm now beginning to think that gray epaulets and nametags aren't so bad.  I just wish it was the same deal for all service dress uniform combinations.  One team, one fight, one epaulet/nametag color.  Good call, ddelaney103!      

Hawk200

Quote from: ddelaney103 on July 04, 2007, 04:19:25 AMFrankly, if I were king of the forest, we'd have white on gray BDU tapes, white on gray flight suit nametags and gray ballcaps as the default field headgear. 

I don't mind grey background, but white on grey? The current grey, or a darker one? The current grey with white white isn't a real strong contrast.

Agree with ditching blue epaulets. No reason to have several colors.

ddelaney103

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 04, 2007, 04:36:11 AM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on July 04, 2007, 04:19:25 AMFrankly, if I were king of the forest, we'd have white on gray BDU tapes, white on gray flight suit nametags and gray ballcaps as the default field headgear. 

I don't mind grey background, but white on grey? The current grey, or a darker one? The current grey with white white isn't a real strong contrast.

Agree with ditching blue epaulets. No reason to have several colors.

I could see darkening it a couple of shades to improve contrast.  Gray has the advantage of being approved on the AF-style uniforms.  Changing over to gray ball caps could be done on all the current uniforms w/o a signoff from the AF, as colored ball caps are already authorized.